#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

He's now the no.1 midfielder at an AFL. I bet he never thought that wouldn happen.

See your point but I would put Zerrett, Goddard and probably Zaka in front of him. I also wouldn’t be shocked if Laverde and Parish are in front of him by Round 10.

zakas no where near it based off the last 2 seasons.

He's now the no.1 midfielder at an AFL. I bet he never thought that wouldn happen.

See your point but I would put Zerrett, Goddard and probably Zaka in front of him. I also wouldn’t be shocked if Laverde and Parish are in front of him by Round 10.

Last 1 season.

People need to rewatch some games from 2014

You’ve got a short memory. His form from the second half of 2014 would make him our best mid this year, unless Zac Merrett continues his upward trajectory.

Glad others can actually give credit where due. When zaka got his body right in the later half of 2014 he was very good. 2015 was a bad season and there may have been motivational issues along with injury.

Either way… I think he is judged very harshly by some on these boards and I still believe in his potential to be an elite midfielder. Let’s hope that 2016 is the year it all clicks again for him.

Thought he was really good today. Fought hard and was a big part of why we dominated the clearances.

Was immense in and under today.

Thought it was harsh for him to get dropped after round 1 but maybe it was the kick up the backside he needed?

Thought it was harsh for him to get dropped after round 1 but maybe it was the kick up the backside he needed?

I thought he as putrid today. He looked slow and unsure and defeated. Hope he gets another shot next week though.

I thought he as putrid today. He looked slow and unsure and defeated. Hope he gets another shot next week though.

He got it but whenever he got it he gave it to the opposition. Needs to improve massively, lets he can make a Cooney type improvement next week.

Today played more like his usual output at Sydney. Needs to be more decisive when he has the ball. Hesitated a few times and got pinged by the opposition.

Best steak knives since Kurt Aylett

He was better against Geelong but I’m still not sold.

Was better than i expected. Admittedly i didnt expect much. Will get better coming off limited pre season

Did pretty well inside as others have mentioned, need someone to be doing that grunt work no one notices and if he keeps that output up he should hold his spot.

Anyone know how bad his injury is? Thought we missed him in the centre today when they were dominating the clearances. Hopefully just precautionary.

More than handy. Good numbers and at the bottom of most packs the entire day.

Better than playing NEAFL. Was the man who made the Francis-Carlisle trade possible and proving more than handy for us.

Grunt animal who enters via the tradesmans entrance and leaves at the end of the day having done a ■■■■■■ good job that not many appreciate.
Not a showboat, therefore Under-rated.

Far better contested ball winner than i realised. Disposal not as good as i thought though.

Just warming up hockings spot. Id be suprised if he was best 22 next year. In saying that, had a great game on the weekend

Bird is ok.