Welcome to Essendon - Dan Jordan

dano

Book 'em

Ballarat>Albury

Knows where the sticks are, can’t hurt

"as a forward coach in 2014 and defensive coach in 2015. "
I don’t know, I don’t understand why as an obvious knowledgeable forward you’d shift him to be a defensive coach after just 1 year as the forward coach. Don’t you want continuity as a player from your coaches with a consistent forward line plan rather than someone different year after year with their own ideas. Or is it all about balance and variety for the coaching staff careers.
Same thing with Egan shifting lines.

Consistency wins the day, the outstanding candidate, inside running.

Any relation to Michael?

Welcome Dan!

Ballarat>Albury

Wodonga>Ballarat

jordo

In his last playing year (2013) he was named Ballarat Football League coach of the year, was awarded BFL mark of the year, won the Tony Lockett Medal as the BFL’s leading goalkicker and was voted The Courier BFL player of the year.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2056967/bfl-great-on-the-move/

Bet he didn’t win the rising star

In his last playing year (2013) he was named Ballarat Football League coach of the year, was awarded BFL mark of the year, won the Tony Lockett Medal as the BFL’s leading goalkicker and was voted The Courier BFL player of the year.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2056967/bfl-great-on-the-move/

Holy sht, that Dan Jordan

Amazing pickup.

Consistency wins the day, the outstanding candidate, inside running.

Thats exactly right Jack, better the good coach you know than the devil you dont.

I'm pretty sure I umpired Dan Jordan - I'd have to check, but, I think he's a Bernards boy.
That's him. He didn't go to St Bernard's but he did play footy there. His brother Ben also played there and they were a couple of the stars of the team in 2004 when they were runners up to Uni Blues.

I went to school with Dan or Danny as we used to call him. He was a super talent but IMO he just didn’t quiet have the drive to make it to the AFL. He played for Victoria at primary school level. When I first met him in year 9 he was a rover. He then grew heaps and really quickly which caused injury issues. He didn’t really play again until year 12, by which time he was a key forward. In an APS school premiership team he was one of the guns. The highlight was kicking 16 one game against the reining premiers.

After school he had a crack at VFL and played ammos at St Bernard’s. He spent a few years over in the WAFL - played for South Fremantle from memory. Then he came back to Ballarat and played for East Point. He dominated out of the square as massively imposing full forward. On the side he had an interest in a Ballarat Pub and his main job was running sporting tours following the Aussie cricket team around. I actually sat next to him at Lords during the 2009 Ashes.

All in all an interesting appointment. He loves footy and would really enjoy the coaching nurturing part of the development role.

Best of luck to him.

Finally the KPF we need to support JD.

Any relation to Michael?

Son

Any relation to Michael?

Brothers by the looks of him

Ballarat>Albury

Wodonga>Ballarat

Lavington > Sebastapol

been told from someone that knows him that he is an absolute ripper bloke, played a season for Clunes cricket club a fair few years ago to help make up the numbers and ended up belting a tonne in the final to win them the premiership.

McQuade said:
been told from someone that knows him that he is an absolute ripper bloke, played a season for Clunes cricket club a fair few years ago to help make up the numbers and ended up belting a tonne in the final to win them the premiership.
Doesn't surprise me to hear that. Was a decent keeper batsmen at school as well. He is a blokes bloke hence a role like this will suit him.