#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

I love this window between the draft and and about half way through their first year when every draftee is the second coming of some all time great or another. Then he kicks across goal in the backline in the vfl one day and everyone wants him delisted after one year on the list or go nuts when he is re-rookied.
Only if I tell them that.

You are the mainstream media, selectively presenting events to craft the perceptions of Blitzers.

Next thing we’ll have an alternative commentary team try to provide balance. 2 camps of commentators standing on either wing of be ground commentating 2 completely different interpretations of the same game. Then the right wing and left wing groups will start shouting abuse across the field until half time comes and everything spills into the field. Chaos. Blood. Crying children…

Wow… that got out of hand fast… this VFL commentating thing is dangerous.

And then the Nazis bomb Guernica.

I like the sound of this kid but for whatever reason it appears to me Dodoro is very reserved when asked about him.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a great success rate with late picks in the ND so hopefully he can buck the trend.

James Hird ( Pick 79 1990 draft ) wishes to be remembered to you!

I like the sound of this kid but for whatever reason it appears to me Dodoro is very reserved when asked about him.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a great success rate with late picks in the ND so hopefully he can buck the trend.

26 drafts ago.

Orazio, brown, Hartley, etc would be more relevant.

Oh come now… we go alright.

Orazio Fantasia Pick #55
Marty Gleeson Pick #53
Michael Hartley Pick #68
Mitch Brown Pick #54
Cale Hooker Pick #54

Obviously a lot of misses as well, but we get some right.

26 drafts ago.

exactly

disco has always been strong with the late picks

Hooker, Walla, TBC, Hocking, Bobcat, Bags, Dea,

and there have been loads over the years

26 drafts ago.

If you look at the others that people have raised, what stands out is that our successes generally have come from maturer aged players. How many U18 late picks have we taken that have come off?

From the ND, only Orazio, Hooker, Gleeson come to mind.

26 drafts ago.

If you look at the others that people have raised, what stands out is that our successes generally have come from maturer aged players. How many U18 late picks have we taken that have come off?

You keep moving the goal posts…

Kind of tough judging Dodoro and co. based on really late draft kids. I mean, they’re late in the draft for a reason.

26 drafts ago.

Kind of tough judging Dodoro and co. based on really late draft kids. I mean, they’re late in the draft for a reason.

There were 14 players from this years’ Grand Final from the rookie list. G is right. The late picks can make your list and give you an advantage on the field.

26 drafts ago.

That’s at least partly because we tend to take more mature-aged blokes than 18yos with our later draft picks these days.

26 drafts ago.

There were 14 players from this years’ Grand Final from the rookie list. G is right. The late picks can make your list and give you an advantage on the field.

That would be moving the goal posts again, since he said ND. If we’re adding PSD and rookie draft, you add Walla, Hibberd/Crameri/Jenkins (not Dodoro’s fault their gone), Howlett, Belly and Baguley to the list. Combined with the above Gleeson, Hooker, Raz, Hartley and Brown, that’s a pretty good strike rate.

On the ND, in the 2013 to 2015 drafts we only had four picks after 50 across the three. We got Raz, Hartley and Brown from that, with the only (potential) miss being Eades. So our recent form is pretty good. Even in 2012 with Van Unen (51), Gleeson (53) and Kommer (73), that wasn’t too shabby either.

Our biggest issue is retention (Crameri, Hibberd, Jenkins), and hopefully that is now fixed.

I love this window between the draft and and about half way through their first year when every draftee is the second coming of some all time great or another. Then he kicks across goal in the backline in the vfl one day and everyone one wants him delisted after one year on the list or go nuts when he is re-rookied.

Absolutely Ivan. Make Footy fun again. Live dangerously, get on a bandwagon.

26 drafts ago.

Wow thats very impressive indead.

G Unit is right. When conducting this exercise you need to treat 18 yos and mature agers as two different discussions.

Cale Hooker Pick #54

brilliant.

G Unit is right. When conducting this exercise you need to treat 18 yos and mature agers as two different discussions.

Last decade excluding this year, we’ve taken 10 18yos with pick 50+. Left on the list are Hooker, Fantasia, Gleeson, Eades (re-rookied). I can’t be bother checking every other team, but over the same period the Hawks have taken 9, still have Duryea, Sicily and Pittonet. Bulldogs have taken 10, still have Cordy (F/S), Honeychurch and Prudden (re-rookied). We do all right.

Interesting comment from Dylan Clark who ran a 14.3 beep test and was 3rd in the draft combine 3km time trial with a 9.50 something. He is in the top 5 fittest kids in the draft.
“…Our first footy session went for about half an hour before all the younger boys were blowing up heaps. The intensity they train at and the speed of all the drills is something we couldn’t really have dreamed of doing before we got here so it’s all something we have to adjust to…”

Interesting comment from Dylan Clark who ran a 14.3 beep test and was 3rd in the draft combine 3km time trial with a 9.50 something. He is in the top 5 fittest kids in the draft. "....Our first footy session went for about half an hour before all the younger boys were blowing up heaps. The intensity they train at and the speed of all the drills is something we couldn't really have dreamed of doing before we got here so it's all something we have to adjust to...."

Why is that so interesting? If that wasn’t the case there would be very serious problems in our training at elite level. What he found is exactly what you would expect.

Interesting comment from Dylan Clark who ran a 14.3 beep test and was 3rd in the draft combine 3km time trial with a 9.50 something. He is in the top 5 fittest kids in the draft. "....Our first footy session went for about half an hour before all the younger boys were blowing up heaps. The intensity they train at and the speed of all the drills is something we couldn't really have dreamed of doing before we got here so it's all something we have to adjust to...."

Why is that so interesting? If that wasn’t the case there would be very serious problems in our training at elite level. What he found is exactly what you would expect.

Its probably the most interesting thing he said. In fact 99% of what any and all the players and the coaches ever say is basically fairy floss.
"Driving elite standards ?? " ffs.

Exactly.

I remember why Scully went to Melbourne they were raving about how he was already the fittest at the club. I thought it was such and indictment on their club and they were raving. We all know how that turned out.

Exactly.

I remember why Scully went to Melbourne they were raving about how he was already the fittest at the club. I thought it was such and indictment on their club and they were raving. We all know how that turned out.

Every here and there you get a freak athlete.
Chris Judd made an instant impact on the WCE training track and it showed on field.

I think Scully would be highly rated if he was playing in the current Melbourne midfield instead of being fifth or sixth fiddle at GWS. To be in the GWS best 22 isn’t an easy feat.