#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Correct me if im wrong, but arnt begley and clarke best mates? Perhaps all 3 are close. I dont know. Going on begleys instagram photo with clarke talking about being drafted with his best mate

So, this guy Clarke. Has to have the nickname Nobby. Am I right?

Correct me if im wrong, but arnt begley and clarke best mates? Perhaps all 3 are close. I dont know. Going on begleys instagram photo with clarke talking about being drafted with his best mate

Jeeezzzzz that would be awkward, wouldn’t it? Clarke going on about how rapt he is to be recruited to the same team as his best mate… Andy pleased and blushes, honoured…Clarke: ahm…I meant Begs, mate…

I always wondered why every guy named Clark or Clarke seems to have the nickname “Nobby” of course it is all explained in Wikipedia.
Apparently in London those with the profession of Clerk were well educated toffs who wore “nobby hats”

I always wondered why every guy named Clark or Clarke seems to have the nickname "Nobby" of course it is all explained in Wikipedia. Apparently in London those with the profession of Clerk were well educated toffs who wore "nobby hats"

Oh. I always thought it was for a similar but different reason. that being, that people who got jobs as Clerks as opposed to the more normal manual labour jobs of the time, were referred to Nobs by their mates because they were doing a job of a higher status i.e. mixing with the Noble Men.

I thought it must have been due to a Y-linked phallic trait.

c Clarke b McGrath

Run out (sub - Begley)

I always wondered why every guy named Clark or Clarke seems to have the nickname "Nobby" of course it is all explained in Wikipedia. Apparently in London those with the profession of Clerk were well educated toffs who wore "nobby hats"

Oh. I always thought it was for a similar but different reason. that being, that people who got jobs as Clerks as opposed to the more normal manual labour jobs of the time, were referred to Nobs by their mates because they were doing a job of a higher status i.e. mixing with the Noble Men.

Sure. Pretty much the same thing I guess.

Just out of interest, his brother ryan plays at the roos

Courtesy of Knightmare.
  1. Dylan Clarke (VIC)
    Best position: Inside midfield
    Height, weight: 187cm, 85kg
    Recruited from: Eastern Rangers
    Plays like: Daniel Cross
    Projected draft range: second to third round
    Rated last month: 20
    Rationale behind ranking/change of ranking: Consistent contested-ball winner with excellent endurance. Has produced a highly productive and consistent season.
    Strengths:
  • Production
  • Stoppage work
  • Wins first possession at stoppages
  • Contested-ball winning
  • Can get rid of ball when tackled by keeping arms high
  • Distribution by hand
  • Tackling
  • Clean hands
  • Endurance
  • Work rate
  • Two-way running
  • Able to play forward as required
  • Scoreboard impact
    Weaknesses:
  • Inconsistent footskills
  • Acceleration
  • Agility
  • Lacks an x-factor

Thats a lot of strengths, forecasted top 20 pick in most rating of talent I have seen, looks a great get.

https://twitter.com/rileybev/status/802089630543671296

https://twitter.com/mattbalmer7/status/802089512985772032

Does anyone remember how well it turned out when we drafted the last stable pony?

does anyone remember the last time you had something positive to add to the conversation?

They certainly would if they are not as mentally deficient and forgetful as you appear from this stupid comment.

You are so blessed @“premature rookie elevation” remature rookie elevation" to have Lord Albert, football royalty and knower of all things, personally reply to you like this! You should buy a lottery ticket immediately.

Who?

Having gone for McGrath whose massive strength is outside run, ( lets be honest ) this was the guy that we needed for the coal face. He is more in the Petracca , Cripps, Viney, Jones, Oliver, Dangerfield height range . He is in pretty good good shape but might have to put on about 5 kgs of muscle as an inside mid at AFL level, but thats a given, since he is only 18. He will cover the fact that last year Melbourne took Clayton Oliver at pick 4 and we took the shorter Parish at 5 ( probably as a consequence) .

He may be the surprise package of the draft for us. Go Bombers !

Who?

North Melbourne. They’re a team in the Australian Football League.

1 Like

no ■■■■, haven’t heard…

Begley is the one who could be a Petracca size mid, who rests forward and kicks goals.

That’s the ‘upside’ hope I guess.

never understood the theory that a players kicking technique will improve at AFL level.

Obviously the reason he was a late pick. Sounds like he is the type who will leave no stone unturned in getting the best out of himself though.

never understood the theory that a players kicking technique will improve at AFL level.

Obviously the reason he was a late pick. Sounds like he is the type who will leave no stone unturned in getting the best out of himself though.

At the very least I suppose he can be coached to handball more frequently. I see he’s been compared to Daniel Cross who had similar issues and was a high handballer for that reason.

Neither. If the best two kicks in our team are truly McKenna and Tippa it speaks a lot of how rubbish the ‘AFL system’ is at honing skills.

While his kicking style doesn’t look great, that is not the problem, I don’t think, nor the reason his efficiency stat is low.
The clips I have watched since we drafted him show him scrambling a quick kick when under pressure, or in traffic. The classier TAC cup kids will attempt to either weave their way out (McC), run out (McG), or handball to advantage. Clarke looks to be someone who just throws it on the boot. Not really a great trait in modern football, although you could say it something Myers does a fair bit as well. However, Myers can scramble a quick kick further and better than most, so he gets away with it to some extent.