Welcome to Essendon Dylan Shiel (almost certainly!)

Where did all this Lav talk come from?? He stays.

2 Likes

Not sure a player will be involved due to cap issues. Think it’ll be something like Treloar deal, two firsts from us for Shiel & a second.

4 Likes

100 Likes

bravo

Martin next.

2 Likes

If GWS are losing key players surely they will want players rather than picks - or does their salary cap issue mean they can only afford picks?

I’d open the negotiations at this years first and next years third, and work on it from there.

6 Likes

Firstly, Dylan is coming to EFC for less money than the other clubs offered

Secondly, the rest of the football world has gone absolutely Radio Rental over Shiel choosing us.

Don’t know which one is better

11 Likes

Beyond brilliant! Well done.

12 Likes

We eagerly await your landing at Windy Planes Dylan.

Dyl Dys Dev 'n The Dazzler, … Oh boy!! drunk

1 Like

We won the battle but do we win the war.

What do we give up? How does it actually get done.

Some are saying pick 8 in this years draft is overs. Others saying we need the same deal as trelaor (this and next years first).

So to win the war we need to a good result in what we give up.

ALL of you can get behind me on the Shiel bandwagon. He is MY man

2 Likes

He’s 2 or 3 years older than Treloar when he went to Collingwood.

I’d give up pick 8 (or 9) for Shiel and Scully…and I’d even throw in Ricky Dyson…and Jackson Merrett.
Well, they took Dylan Buckley.

Speaks well, obviously leadership material. Could he be the “future captain” we expect with every one of our first draft picks. :smile:

Interesting though that it gives some insight into him and the values that he holds high - Sacrifice to get success. Seems to ring true with him if the talk of taking less money to come to the bombers is true.

Like him more and more.

4 Likes

Congrats to EFC on Shiel nominating you.

I called this on August 21st, along with Polec to North. (Gaff was also called for Norf but he changed his mind at the altar so i request a mulligan. You were never seriously in the hunt for him as i suggested in August)

You guys are on the way up and should make finals next year. Shiel will be a huge boost to your relatively shallow midfield.

If i hear more next trade period i will be sure to drop back in and share the info.

Enjoy your offseason and good luck next year. (just not too much)

Ding from Demonland.

30 Likes

Thanks.
But who the fark are you?

6 Likes

Hopefully Jackets can swing a 2019 first and Hartley? Doubt it but worth the try.

He’s older than Treloar was (same exact bday infact, lel) so we are getting 3 seasons less footy out of him - two firsts is way overs.

Our first this year is a given, it will be interesting to see what else we have to part with.

1 Like

DING DONG

And let’s all remember that Carlton will have to place some of the private jet costs into their football department soft cap - and they came out with no player! Just poetry this is.

40 Likes