Welcome to Essendon Dylan Shiel (almost certainly!)

They only want picks. Throw them our first two rounders and get a later pick back and be done with.

1 Like

Campbell confirms deal will involve picks only

2 Likes

Reckon Dodoro has been going the Hawthorn approach - identifies needs and will give picks/whatever to get their targets.

6 Likes

Not completely.
He said they want picks. But didn’t say they didn’t want players.

Anyone have some links to some salt?

How the hell does anyone know that??

Ok I can confirm Rohan Connolly will join us for an emergency Podcast tonight to discuss the big day with Shiel nominating Essendon. We will try and have Podcast out around 8pm tonight

30 Likes

Thought question to Campbell was very specific about picks to which he replied yes, they are expecting picks

Welcome to ESSSSendon Dylan!

2 Likes

Agreed. It would be a shock if they accept a player as part of it.

Any chance we could give this year and next year’s first and get back their first from this year?

The deal will definitely focus around our pick(s)… that’s what he said.

Who knows if a low profile, low cost, player is also added.

That’s a level of pettiness I can respect.

1 Like

I’m worried we are going to run into trouble of not taking a first round pick in four years.

Maybe what you suggested, get their first back and then give a second back to them.

Or AFL just get rid of the rule. Clubs are big boys and don’t need to be forced to use a first round draft pick if they don’t want to.

He’s not the Lone Ranger either.

3 Likes

Yup he is our forearm turkey beater…

2 Likes

Ok. Now I really do give a flying ■■■■!

Nothing to worry about. It’s the AFL and their rules are there to be broken/changed/bent. Further working in our favour is that Gil the Dill wants more player movement. They won’t stop us trading away next year’s first rounder.

Shiel reminds me of this years Norm Smith medal winner

1 Like

So is Shiel any good?

4 Likes

The GWS will want picks only. Could ask for a pick coming back our way so not entirely overs.
Suspect we have a player or two going out that may yield some picks for us also.