#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

here it is:

1 Like

Ohh I hate those semantic arguments too. You read them between posters and think, but aren’t you both in agreement and yet you argue as those you are polar opposites? Other times you can’t work out what exactly they are arguing about.

My original post on this spoke was about “match winners” and it was not about a single match winning moment. i.e. the Zaha ANZAC Day goal as the perfect example. I was going to raise the ANZAC goal in my previous post but took it out. Those moments are great and important and some players happen to be there for them and live the dream.

To clarify – I was talking about doing a number of things in a game that are very influential or put another way… you may not get many disposals or as many as the other players (but you still get a good number) but the ones you get have an important impact on the game.

You can of course get more/lots of stats and also have a big impact with those disposals/stats. And those players are of course elite. Stats can be a very good way to rate a player, to get some objective measures on their abilities. But it’s about putting the stats into context.

And sometimes it’s just comes down to “yeah - I like what that player does, they don’t fark up at crucial times, they run all day and they seem to be there in the crucial passages of play. Player X does that better than Player Y and if I had to choose between them I’d pick Player X over Player Y.”

3 Likes

Here is a reenactment.

• The role of Jackets Dodoro is played by Michael Long.

• The role of Dylan Shiel is played by the football.

• SOS plays himself.

Sorry SOS. You’d didn’t touch this one either.

24 Likes

Shiel.D. Our new protector of the kids.

Fark, this week was super stressful. It shouldn’t have been but my reaction showed how emotionally invested I am in the club. I’m sure a lot of supporters felt the same way.

Job well done Essendon, especially Dodoro who bore the brunt of GWS angst with that article on the weekend. The good will generated over the years gone. They were so angry, they were never backing down. In the end, negotiating GWS’ future second rounder was a good outcome.

What a great acquisition for the club. Shiel adds another dimension to the mix with his 2 way, power running and professionalism. Essendon have given Worsfold everything he’s asked for and some. No excuses John. Finals win/s or bust.

11 Likes

CAR - LOL - TON

Fixed.

7 Likes

Hurley not even close to our best player

Has gone backwards

1 Like

■■■■ off

1 Like

I hope Zaka becomes our Gaff like winger, he has all the tools.

McGrath.

He is our prototype winger

Merrett
Hep
McGrath
Shiel
Smith
Zaka

That’s about 4 a graders in the mid with a couple of B+ in the second rotation. Defence is solid, if we can get Daniher fit and firing we will be fine.
Then add Parish and Langford who we hope continue their improvement and Lav to hopefully strong some games together, coupled with Raz with the odd spell through the guts and it is very very positive.

Except the ability to not run to bad positions on the field. I think Zaharakis looks much better closer to the ball and being forced to try and win it (and of course he can still be involved in link up play and spread playing on ball).

But his two greatest strengths, his lightning fast hands and his ability to change direction and move through heavy traffic would be somewhat nullified by playing him in a more outside role (not to mention his kicking while not bad can be iffy at times).

Both of these guys could play wing, but in my opinion neither of them is the answer if we are looking to boost our outside stocks.

4 Likes

Some nice 2018 highlights for Shiel.
I have not seen much of him at all, and from the footage I thought he was only left-sided for kicking. Which is fine. But a couple of plays he showed can can give off a decent right foot kick.

I get the comments about Judd like. That upright burst running. Can find space and hit a target.
He plays aggressively and will give our midfield an explosive dynamic.
Like to see this happen in the red and black.
So here’s to a massive and healthy pre-season for Shiel.

Very impressed with this interview.

4 Likes

The career highlight package on the website is outstanding

1 Like

I watched it and realised at the end of it I had this massive grin on my face.

Speaks very well. Very calm and thoughtful.

Welcome Dylan.

com-resize-2

36 Likes

Yet another highlights package. This guy is incredible.

Impressive interview.

Well spoken private school boy. Can’t have enough of em.

1 Like

Very selfish in the highlights - bodes well when in Red & Black.