#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

McGrath will one day be our best player.

2 Likes

LOL. 10 OUT OF 10. Love your work.

1 Like

Well they’re both nippy!

Fantastic work (and effort) by a lot of people at EFC to get Dylan through the door. Can’t underestimate the amount of work that the club has invested over a long period of time in getting Dylan Shiel. IMO he was the best player available in the trade period who suited our needs, and we got him. I can imagine that Merrett’s holiday just got a whole lot better.

Welcome to the Essendon Football Club, Dylan.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Someone needs to get an edit of that video they did for the Caddy trade. With that wheezing giggling old man ■■■■■■■ himself essentially at how they got him for a banged up Deledio.

Blues thinking they in it, flying him on jet, trying again when he’d already nominated us, thinking they had a half chance again!

@Bomb_Doe

9 Likes

Today is so much less stressful than the previous ten.

Fark you, AwFuL.

9 Likes

Dear Speedy,
I tried to get the video but got a Gateway 502 error and then it all crashed.
I think it will be impossible to do this. I think you’ll just have to use your imagination.
Regards
Bomb Doe

1 Like

Just on this Shiel bloke.
Kinda get the feeling his debut for us is going to be even more exciting and anticipated than Stringer.
Jake came in with fitness issues etc.
Shiel comes in primed and ohh so ready to go.

it’s going to be interesting

7 Likes

#9.

4 Likes

Shiel and Smith vs Treloar and Adams

Who is the better combination?

I love the video when Dylan called Jackets with his decision.

Jackets: “Dyls, how are ya?”

Dyls: “I’m good. How are you?”

Jackets: “A bit nervous”

Dyls: “Don’t be mate. I’M COMING

This will be a Quote for the ages!!

4 Likes

EFA

2 Likes

Just watched the interview with Dylan. A very impressive young bloke and I’m ■■■■■■ delighted he’s coming to Essendon. Sensational result for the club.

4 Likes

The blacked out word started with b by the way.

Connors asking Shiel to take a call from Carlton

7 Likes

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/greater-western-sydney-pair-dylan-shiel-and-adam-treloar-pick-of-bunch/news-story/1121227039bff1f1f31f37c655e85b20

This article is amazing for two reasons

Firstly, it refers to Shiel and Treloar as ‘the best prospects since Ryan Bastinac’

Secondly, it reveals that Shiel and Treloar both grew up as fanatical Carlton fans who idolised Chris Judd

Yet when they both eventually chose to come back to Melbourne, many years after this article was written, instead of playing for Carlton, one of them chose to play for Collingwood and the other one for Essendon.

Fark Carlton

43 Likes

And you can guarantee that R1 will be WC or Freo in Perth. Just ‘cause.

2 Likes

How goods the interview with him? He looks so excited to be there!

I’m sitting at half mast after seeing it. Boy oh boy wowee

4 Likes

Really seems like a good fit on and off field. We had to give up slight overs but our list is young and we are priming and pining for success.

“They’re a team hungry for success and there’ll be getting a teammate with the same values.” Like!

Interesting he said Stringers name first when talking about players he’s excited to play with.

Our midfield is going to be bullet proof.

2 Likes