#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Talk of the town. In coffee shops all over Melbourne, all barbers who ever cut Dylan Shiels hair, all taxi drivers who ever drove him anywhere in this town, all baristas who ever made him a coffee, they all have their Dylan Shiel stories to tell. Some of it straight fact, most of it embellished , just like the Warner article in the Sun today.

So Warner has been added to the poo poo list?

There’s not many good ones left.

rd[quote=“G-Unit, post:416, topic:14348, full:true”]
In the context people are using it, the word is ‘complement’, not ‘compliment’. This has to be the most incorrectly used word going around these days.
[/quote]

No I reckon the word ‘to’ and ‘too’ would be the most used wrongly.

You’re & your right up there for most misused. Along with their, they’re & there. And let’s not get started on apostrophe misuse - like every time you add an s to the end of a word to make it plural!!!

Or maybe, just maybe, it worked the other way.

We told Shiel up front, don’t worry we will pay two first rounders if it comes to that, reassuring him that it would definitely happen. He can then go off on holidays extremly relaxed, and as he himself has said, knowing the deal would get done. Happy player, happy team all round.

We then go off and go our hardest to get the best deal for us.

No stress, but fark what the opposition think.

Or you could believe an unknown source, most likely sour grapes, from a newspaper notorious for trying to pain us in a bad light.

4 Likes

Im insisting he doesn’t run out for games with the rest of the team. Instead, the team runs out first and then straight afterwards, he makes his way through the grog squad, down through M2/M3 and onto the playing surface while this blares through the speakers

I think you’re right - Essendon would have assured him the deal will get done.

If Shiel was feeling stressed or worried, maybe it was because GWS changed their mind and said they’d keep him. Adding uncertainly to the whole deal in the first place.

5 Likes

Why not shoot him out of a cannon on to the ground?

Couldn’t give the slightest of farks what happened in the lead up. In much the same way as history only cares about who won the flag, it will say only that we landed Shiel.
All other contenders effectively finished last…
Fark Carlton…

4 Likes

Realise you are joking, but then was watching the ‘show’ put on by the Lakers at LeBrons first home game… and seriously glad we don’t yet have that over here.

I love watching LeBron play but it was just awkward to watch…

4 Likes

So glad he’s ours! Was one of my favourite players to watch in the competition, just like Stringer and Goddard before him!

Glad we got Shiel Look forward to seeing him next.

This guys so good they haven’t even mentioned his great leadership qualities yet. Expect to see him leading from the front

1 Like

Alot…

1 Like

This could also backfire on the Giants next year in that their players who come out of contract think they have a lazy 900k+ to burn.

2 Likes

For our next trade, make sure it’s with any other club than one that Jason McCartney is involved with!!

Nah, Jackets has McCartneys number. the real pain for GWS is going to be then next 2-3 years. this off-season was just prep work to mitigate the issues they have.

Or the cavalier insertion of an apostrophe into a surname.
Matthew Knight’s, I’m looking at you.

1 Like

I hate the inconsistency in one sentence e.g. it’s raining cat’s and dogs.

I’ve seen it, and I’ve seen it here.

1 Like