#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

At stoppages, just get out of his way and let him do the rest

Last 4 years of round 1’s has seen Shiel accumulate 28 (Saints away), 29 (Dees away), 25 (Crows away) and 28 (Dogs home). Reckon Shiel will be so pumped playing at Spotless he will rack up 30+ possessions and star!

1 Like

And on the plus side, there will be nobody there to boo him

You called

No…

You’ve got defective hearing.

Dylan is a smooth moving ball magnet elite disposal machine. WSPHU.

The fat beardy guy who’s my avatar is a sex cult leader that calls himself vanguard.

I’ve got some weird obsession with it.

Sex cults, fat beardy guys, or both?

1 Like

So, according to CD (I know), Shiel is rated above average for disposals, meters gained, score involvements and is an elite score assist player.

All available on AFL stats pro. Fairly sure, but haven’t been able to confirm definitively, that the stats pro numbers are direct from CD.

Content Warning: This is from Champion Data.

In summary. was in the top 10 players in the comp for significant parts of 2016 and 2017 seasons.
Hoping he recaptures that form in his debut year for us. ( and beyond)

4 Likes

So what I get from that graph is we have been getting below average rainfall, have I read it correctly?

22 Likes

Don’t know exact figures, but his last 3 games Francis has been averaging above 15? If he gets consistent with that and Shiel recaptures his highs, perhaps both Shiel and Francis will be in the top 10.

Based on his games this year, CD rate Francis as the no 1 player under 25 ( adjusted for age / expectation) he was also the # 1 ( average) intercept marking player in 2018, with 4 per game eclipsing even Jake Levers 2017 year.

CD rate Bellchambers as our 3rd best player this year.

CD have some strange algorithms.

1 Like

This week in “chris_64’s navel lint report”

2 Likes

Nah, house prices are down this year.

1 Like

I don’t think he needs to recapture it, he never really lost it. He just started playing a different role that doesn’t lend itself to the same sort of stats.

1 Like

CD. Guaranteed to get a reaction.

1 Like

Finally, conclusive proof that climate change isn’t real.

4 Likes

Thats a good point. CD is a stats prism. Lets have a look at some subjective assessments:

Brownlow: 2016 7, 2017 11, 2018 10 equal 35th in 2018
AFLPA MVP Not nominated. ( outside the best 54 players )
AFL.COM Players top 50 2018 22 nd

It seems umpires and the players themselves do not rate Dylan Shiel as highly as Essendon supporters or CD do. To me, whats important is that our midfield is better with him in it and we have about 4 months before we find out…

1 Like