#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

right

Dyl interviewed on SEN at 6pm.
Expressed surprise that everyone in melbourne knew about the Elsternwick coffee shop. LOL.

4 Likes

welcome to the proper fishbowl of afl media my boy.

4 Likes

Media didn’t know, they found out after logging into Blitz.

5 Likes

And he was amazingly consistent.

2 Likes

On C7, he said that he has already checked the calendar and it is 145 days til the GWS game. Footy nerd…(and I love it)

5 Likes

SHIEL’S “BIG FACTOR” IN JOINING ESSENDON

BY NIC NEGREPONTIS 33 MINUTES AGO

Star Essendon recruit Dylan Shiel has revealed he’s ready to go for day one of pre-season, for the first time in his AFL career.

Shiel, who’s been plagued by injury across his career, says he’s 100 per cent and is ready to go in the red and black.

“I’m fully fit, first time in my career I’ve had no surgery in the off-season so I’m looking forward to starting day one of preseason for the first time ever,” Shiel told SEN’s Time On.

The midfielder said he’s told Essendon coach John Worsfold he’s happy to play anywhere for the club.

“I am a midfielder, but in today’s game you need to be flexible,” he said.

“As I said earlier at the club today with Woosha (Worsfold), I’m at his disposal. Use me in the best way that’s going to help the team.”

Shiel joined a number of GWS players to leave this season, including Tom Scully, Will Setterfield and Rory Lobb, and admits they’ve got a tough job maintaining their list.

“It’s incredibly challenging to build a football club from scratch, but what GWS has done has been incredible,” Shiel said.

“I think the people down in Melbourne and the football states probably don’t understand the challenges that we’ve faced and what they’ll continue to face.

“It’s a hard market to create that football culture up in Sydney and I think the AFL are doing a good job and they need to continue assisting the club in building.”

Shiel said playing in Victoria for a big club was a “big factor” in his decision making.

“There’s going to be different factors for every player that decides to leave, but for me, it was the opportunity to come home and to be able to play for a big footy club and in front of big crowds,” he said.

6 Likes

An advent calendar filled with 145 tiny jackets

5 Likes

THIS. TEAM PLAYER.

All he has done this trade period strongly suggests that what he wants above all else is success.

He knows he has come at the right time to the right club as the players, club and supporters are extra hungry for ultimate success because it’s within our reach.

7 Likes

his interview was actually class.

1 Like
8 Likes

By @triplewafer on Instagram
Just missing a few dozen jackets

Edit: typo in the artists name

10 Likes

Has your package arrived yet?

image https://i.imgur.com/qXtcSzE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Separated at birth

2 Likes

Maybe like Smith, he just needs this club to get to his highest level

I stumbled across this some time ago, very impressive core strength. Wonder how many AFL players are able to do this.

Must have carbon fibre hammies.

1 Like

Not sure if he was trying to give me wood with some of those comments but he did.

Deal with it.

1 Like

Probably best if you deal with it.

4 Likes

Anybody have the link to his interview?