#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Don’t forget Bob Neil ran through the middle a bit this year…

He said you should ask his parents, Graham, and Karen.

1 Like

I thought Nick was intelligent, but good on him I say!

Through to the keeper, I’m afraid.

Sorry in Bali on Bintangs.
Go Dons.

He’s a tagger, ain’t he?

1 Like

You mean Graham and Karen, his parents?

No he’s taking over neeld’s coaching position.

22 days later and it’s still a good decision.

3 Likes

The Wikipedia updates make good reading. The battle is on to write history that rubs salt into Fark Carltons wounds and makes them even more salty !

AND. Its about time that Wikipedia image of Dylan in a GWS jumper was replaced with him in the Bomber strip.

LOL

Following a salary cap issue at the GWS Giants[3], Shiel was encouraged to explore his options elsewhere and with the intention to continue his football in Victoria in the coming years, he decided to entertain the idea.[4] He met with four clubs: St Kilda, Hawthorn, Carlton and Essendon and decided with the latter, Carlton explored extreme methods in trying to lure Dylan, flying the midfield star to Noosa on a private jet as part of a bold pitch to snare his signature. It is believed he turned down more than $3 million to sign with Essendon as he was chasing success over money and was put off by Carltons luxurious pitch which included caviar and an entourage of Carlton power brokers, including [Chris Judd](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Judd).[5][6] The trade was done in the dying minutes of the 2018 Trade Period with two first-round picks being sent to GWS, and a second being sent back to Essendon, along with Shiel.[7]

5 Likes

I never realised Dylan was that tall - just past the light tower, even without the hair.

10 Likes

ruck?

2 Likes

They were on,until he just…blew them out!!!

1 Like

Where’s the Shiel training report?

_season_3_poster

1 Like

I never knew the light tower had hair.

8 Likes

Well he did play for the giants!

19 Likes

Very good.

I realise it was a mega $$ deal but I hope the Amart logo isn’t going to be that big on the actual match day jumpers next year… its really distracting…

Still pumped we got this inside bull though…

1 Like

Whenever I watch replays of some of our victories,I imagine Shiel there.
Its gonna be big.

2 Likes