Henry Crauford - scratch match king

16 Likes

@Aceman what have you got for us? Is this kid any good?

Yowza!!

It’s done!

Bad luck to Nigel and Teaks

3 Likes

Also, is benfti okay?

8 Likes

He’s ace, man

1 Like

A little shocked he didnt play any of the marsh series and gets picked up.

Bad luck to Nigel.
We must have no confidence in Draper or Bellchambers bodies.

But also thought Bryan was showing good signs.

2 Likes

You really think someone lacking self awareness to the extent of actually calling themselves…“Aceman”, … is actually an Ace man, man?

1 Like

Huh?:flushed:
He’s that good he didn’t have to play a game to show what he’s got!!!
Poor Nigel :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

He’s 204cm, that’s all he had to show.

13 Likes

That’s what his swimming coach said… trouble was he could only “dog paddle”!:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

2 METER HENRY

25 Likes

T Bell’s injury may be worse than they’re letting on, … & as someone said, … he may well be looking at Phillips efforts and contemplating chucking it?? (far fetched, but possible) & also Draper probably has a long way to go to be back to ready for an AFL debut.

1 Like

The talent scouts would have seen enough in watching SANFL games

If he had 10 clubs with an interest then many tracking his progress closely. We just getting in early. And given where Belly at, Drapers still being an unknown & Bryan physical maturity a while off it’s needed.

If he can play fwd as well as Dodoro indicates all the better. Certainly the highlight vids have him moving very well for a 204cm bloke.

Maybe he becomes the fwd/ruck for us in future years post Smack.

7 Likes

LOL.

Good luck to him, but bad luck to Nigel.

2 Likes

How does he go as a forward option @Aceman ?
is he a good character?

Not an ex-basket baller nor a Frankston half back flanker… At least an ex-swimmer is a novel idea.

ummm should be good in the wet…a must addition for games against fark carlton? Genius!

5 Likes

I look forward to the inevitable ’Stop stealing our talent’ article in the Adelaide Advertiser.

1 Like

I find this a very strange decision. But hopefully he turns into a gun.

I agree with @Houli_Dooli that this must cast some doubt on the fitness of both Draper and Bellchambers. But even so, is this guy going to be ahead of Bryan?

Also, I wonder if it means he got the 2 year contract that @Aceman and @Reboot were talking about the other day

1 Like

He shall henceforth be known in my household as “Hector”.

2 Likes

Kicked a goal or two in about half of his games, dunno if that was as a ruck or while resting forward. EDIT: video shows two goals apparently as a forward.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/henry-crauford/

THE mature-aged ruck from Norwood is a player who has the physicality – but not quite the athleticism and endurance – to come straight into an AFL system, with his contested marking ability, strength and work around the ground among his best traits. He manages to find plenty of the ball despite not having a high endurance base, following up well for his size to average 4.9 clearances and 3.6 tackles among 15.9 disposals this season. It is no surprise though that a player of his size lacks athleticism across the board, with his effort making up for that gap. The 22-year-old continued his development in the SANFL Reserves this year across 19 games, taking out the Redlegs’ best and fairest at said level for his consistent season. His 18 disposals, seven clearances, six tackles and 47 hitouts against South Adelaide was the peak, and an insight into his potential to dominate. Overall, a mature-age ruck option for clubs with a few years under his belt and the confidence to impact games beyond the ruck battle.

STRENGTHS: Contested marking, strength, accumulation, ruck work
IMPROVEMENTS: Athleticism, endurance

6 Likes