Welcome to Essendon - #49 Jaiden Hunter - cower before him, 2024

Stoked with this pick it really puts pressure on our developing forwards and boosts the VFL

19 Likes

In: Hunter
Out: Hunted

2 Likes

6 Likes

Getting Todd Ridley vibes.

3 Likes

UNIT

1 Like

No welcome?

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome young fella great to have you on board.

8 Likes

He gives me tomahawk vibes.

1 Like

Thanks @THE_DON1

14 Likes

We (recruiters) are clearly seduced by players already donning a sash for these mid season picks.

Looks a unit. Jones replacement for this year. Interestingly read somewhere he was a key defender ruck a couple of years ago.m

If he’s any good maybe gives us the flexibility to not go two rucks and either he or Weid can go second ruck and leaves us with more genuine actual forward options.

5 Likes

Looking at his size he is a cm shorter than I was at that age and a playing weight about 4 kg lighter. That makes him a pretty decent bloody size. He may not set the world on fire, but his frame definitely has scope for building a much bigger, stronger body in a full time environment. He has the potential there to be our big bodied gorilla of a forward. I also thought for a bloke coming back off a knee that he moved pretty well and seemed to have confidence in his body, which was a genuine surprise.

17 Likes

Not a bad shout ay.

Paging @Stallion

22 Likes

It’s an older profile but even so the bit that caught my attention is he can ruck and win hit-outs against taller opponents.
Something Jones and Voss can’t do.
And we don’t want Wright rucking.

18 Likes

3rd tall fwd who can ruck. That would be perfect for us

2 Likes

I think he’s the contingency plan if Jones can’t get his body right.

3 Likes

I need the gratuitous footage of Jaiden on the phone to BDB looking terrified

3 Likes

So we are going to play him back right

2 Likes

Shut your mouth , midfield

1 Like

Will he at least make a contest in the forward line and brung the ball to ground? Can he hurt opponents in a marking contest. I like those qualities

8 Likes