Welcome to Essendon - Jake Long

AFL_PKeane
1 player nominated under provisions of Father-Son Rookie Pre-Selection Rule: JAKE Long,son of Michael. (my apologies,autocorrect dudded me)

Nice, but premature. 

Not sure when rookie pre-selection f/s kids are finalised - it might be at the regular f/s bidding day next week, or it might be after the ND itself.  But he's not quite a Bomber yet...

really? good on him, glad to see he's been given an opportunity. 

Here's a tip.

If they want to inject you with anything, decline their offer.

Repeat, decline their offer.

Did I read somewhere we have been banned from the FS program this year? I am sure I saw it, may have been misreported

Some good news at last.

Welcome.

Hope he enjoys his time at the club here and both are benefitted by the experience.

Another club could still pick him up in the National Draft (doubt they would though).

If not we get him with our final rookie draft selection.

That is my understanding of how the father/son rookie bidding works. We nominate our intention to take him as a rookie, if anyone else is interested they have to use a National Draft selection on him otherwise we automatically get him as rookie.

Another club could still pick him up in the National Draft (doubt they would though).

That is my understanding of how the father/son rookie bidding works. We nominate our intention to take him as a rookie, if anyone else is interested they have to use a National Draft selection on him otherwise we automatically get him as rookie.

That's my understanding too.  I'm just not sure whether other clubs can snag him by bidding an ND selection for him at the f/s bidding meeting next week, or whether we have to wait until the ND and see if any other clubs pick him on the day.

So assuming we get him with our last available rookie spot (like the various scholarships) ?

So assuming we get him with our last available rookie spot (like the various scholarships) ?

Yep, if nobody NDs him, we get him with out last open rookie slot.

Yep, if nobody NDs him, we get him with out last open rookie slot.

From all reports, you feel he will most likely make his way to the rookie draft?

I really do hope Jake does make it to EFC. I love watching sons of former guns run around in the red sash, continuing the legacy of their fathers (and sometimes grandfathers) before them. I’ll now be listening to this years national draft eagerly hoping I don’t hear little Longy’s name called out. That’s definitely something I can look forward to, and help distract me from all the doom and gloom around here.

Next up: Tippa.

Some good news at last.
Welcome.
Hope he enjoys his time at the club here and both are benefitted by the experience.

No doubt, seriously cracking kid, abosloutly future captain material if he can get his body right

That's my understanding too.  I'm just not sure whether other clubs can snag him by bidding an ND selection for him at the f/s bidding meeting next week, or whether we have to wait until the ND and see if any other clubs pick him on the day.
that, nothing is set until after the draft

Cruel cruel thread then.