#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

It’s not surprising that X wouldn’t say that publicly though

Nothing untoward here. Xavier left himself an ‘out’ in the interview, as was expected for a question like that.

It’ll be interesting to see if Stringer embraces Essendon as Cooney did. I think he will.

4 Likes

Steve Johnston has some advice for the package fwiw.

“He just needs to get in there and try to earn the respect of his new teammates,” the two-time Cats leading goal kicker told SEN Breakfast.

“That’s the best thing you can do. The thing for him is the slate is clean. There aren’t too many pre-conceived ideas about him.

“Everyone will be watching him in the first week or two, going what is he actually like? He has a chance to go in there and start training really hard and then it’s funny how quickly things can change.”

4 Likes

The most interesting thing about Jake in week 1-4 of training is WHERE/WHO he trains with.
If he runs mainly with the midfield group, then it will be obvious where the coaches intend to try to mainly play him.
Going to be fascinating.

If he goes running with Ambo, he is serious about building a tank.

5 Likes

If he goes running with Ambo, he is seriously going to need an ambulance.

2 Likes

“Training report

Stringer: trained mainly inside out of view.”

7 Likes

I think it was said by either Woosha or Dodoro that he’ll train with the midfield group straight away. Look forward to seeing him develop a midfield tank

Is it just me? Whenever someone mentions “building a tank” I picture the player with a model tank kit?

2 Likes

I think of corrugated iron.

4 Likes

At what point will we move on to, “building a battery”?

I think of Fark Carlton

7 Likes

Except building a tank means improving

Fark Carlton don’t BUILD a tank. They trade for a used tank that GWS don’t want any more.

14 Likes

They certainly build TO a tank

1 Like

They don’t even bother building anything, they just pay for it with brown envelopes under the table.

Fark Carlton.

Then they drive it around Hissy park, in an exercise known as tanking.

1 Like

Carlton are like the Iraqi defense minister pretending there are no tanks. ‘We are slaughtering them at the gates”. Meanwhile someone with a tank is making merry in the background.

Dunno if that’s going to hold water.