#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Extra salty from all the Bulldog’s supporters tears…

12 Likes

Crisp.

5 Likes

An average beverage at that.

That too. Nothing like a good crisp, salty chip.

2 Likes

Was at the club this morning and Jake was smashing out laps of the MCG Oval. Also training was Jerrett and Colyer.

23 Likes

I honestly love the soggy chip. Salty, oily and soggy as ■■■■.

1 Like

He’s going to explode next season, I can feel it.

The season can’t come soon enough.

6 Likes

Martiin doesnt play midfield for the qhole game , peolly 50 50 on average most games.

If they can i imagine theyd be looking at trying to get him to that level.
They may not need him to be i there as muxh as rixhmond and dusty, but utd be a good weapon to have when and if needed

1 Like

Is this the new HOT CHIPS thread?

2 Likes

You’re ■■■■■■. Delist pls

He certainly hasn’t been used that way, and like you I have reservations that he’s going to go from a deep forward who (frankly) got by on talent alone, to a boba fide midfielder in one off-season.

Stranger things have happened though. From memory David Mundy didn’t play much midfield for his first 3-4 years. But he’d already shown he had the work rate and fitness - Stringer arguably hasn’t.

I don’t know, I think he could be a Boba-fied midfielder.

14 Likes

IS there much evidence that he doesn’t have the base already?

He ran with Hunter most of last off season iirc but was needed more forward and his year started so badly…

Just wondering how far back he is?

DID SOMEONE SAY HOT CHIPS?

I think it’s a myth, he has already played big stints in the midfield. Dogs tried to bulk him up too much, I’d say he already has a good base and will easily run games out just by the running focus not a KP size focus in his training.

Can you remember when? I’d like to go have a look at some of the games.

I have never seen it.

And I tell you what, if he has played “big stints” in midfield and has racked up the numbers he has, we’ve bought a serious clunker.

1 Like

I won’t be surprised if Stringer sheds a couple of kg over summer if the plan is to play mid.

I think he will stay relatively the same weight, the weight might just shift a bit from his top half to his lower half.

We need him to be a big boy for the clearances

Being big doesn’t necessarily help you win contested ball.

We need him to power away from the contest not win it at ground level.

1 Like

Their heights and weights might be similar but their physical qualities are poles apart. Bont is more your Watson/Pendlebury; just doesnt have the leg speed to run away from a pack.