Former #17 James Stewart

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Change thread title. “James ‘the chin’ Stewart”

I think we should be very, very measured in our expectations on JS. He is not an unknown quantity who could explode, or a wiry teen with huge development potential. He is a bloke that at 21, is skilled but lacked a bit of hardness in the contest and was virtually delisted. I'm not saying he can't improve, even become excellent, but currently he can't be considered much more than a punt (well worth it though since we got him for peanuts).

Nup, GWS offered him another contract. He wanted out so he wasn’t behind Patton, Lobbe and Cameron for games.

Thought he did a reasonable job for us on Thursday, needs to work on his lead patterns, and his hands in the air looked a little stiff, but he brought the ball to ground in 2- on -1 contests and did well on the deck too.

If he’d dragged in a contested mark against the filth, reckon half of Blitz would’ve been saying “Joe who?” on Friday morning.

Yep, agree with this.

Upon first viewing of the game I was unimpressed as he did little in the air.

But on second viewing I started to see the role he could have. If you accept his weakness is in the air, and his role is to bring the ball to ground and then use his agility to help scrag goals, then he actually did well on a number of occasions.

If he can then do something as 2nd ruck, then he becomes a potentially valuable player. Not that we saw much evidence of that on Thursday.

But he will never push JD or Chook out of the KP forward spots. Doesn’t have the ability to clunk. Looks very good when the ball hits the deck though for a big fellow… very good. Would’ve had a higher opinion if he hadn’t completely shanked that shot at goal.

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Andrew ‘Roger Ramjet’ McGrath might have something to say about who the real chin is around here

At the match last week I could see the potential with Stewart on the list. He was our only big man up fwd, competed well and brought the ball to ground. If he had of marked a few it would have been better but he will improve in that department as time goes by. It was good to see he wasn’t beaten in the air. He was ok on the ground.
Big men are a bit slower in developing and I hope by 2018 he will be pushing for a spot.
He is a backup for this year.

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Andrew ‘Roger Ramjet’ McGrath might have something to say about who the real chin is around here

So come and join us all you kids
For lots of fun and laughter
As Andy McGrath and his mates
Win all the cups hereafter.

Did a couple of things and showed some signs. If he can be JD light, I think that’s a win.

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Hope he lays off those proton pills tho

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

I hear the boffins at WADA have just put protons on the banned list.
At the match last week I could see the potential with Stewart on the list. He was our only big man up fwd, competed well and brought the ball to ground. If he had of marked a few it would have been better but he will improve in that department as time goes by. It was good to see he wasn't beaten in the air. He was ok on the ground. Big men are a bit slower in developing and I hope by 2018 he will be pushing for a spot. He is a backup for this year.

As Darcy Moore found out to his chagrin at the other end, it can be difficult if you are the lone tall forward near the contest.
In the case of Stewart, he was double teamed when the ball came in high targeting him, but he didnt have many chances to get a clear run at the ball. He will play much better when theres a Joey or Cale Hooker down there.

I think his mobility could make him a great asset as a third tall, ruck relief.

I’d like to see us out come time into him this year to find out how he can go at AFL level and how much development he needs.

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

So come and join us all you kids
For lots of fun and laughter
As Andy McGrath and his mates
Win all the cups hereafter.

Lets hope he keeps away from those ‘proton energy pills’…

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Beat me!

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Beat me!

If you insist.

how old is ramjet?

James "DoRight" Stewart.

Chin of chins …

Looks a bit like Gazza.

Was dubious on signing.
Looks a bit Francis-lite, still.
But I’m turning.
Could be very, very handy.

He’s pretty good when the ball hits the deck, but not much of a threat when the ball is in the air.

I’m surprised he hasn’t rucked more, which suggests to me that McKernan is well ahead for a R1 start.

Was much better than in game one. Hope he keeps improving but at this stage he would be due to start in the VFL.

Was much better than in game one. Hope he keeps improving

That’s about my thoughts.

He’s only going to play if hooker or Daniher can’t get out there. That’s the reality. Hope he can put some pressure on selectors though by dominating in the vfl