Welcome to Essendon - John Worsfold

OFFFFFFICIAL

===

Don’t pun and every body love everybody.

This looks like it could be drawing to a climax now, surely we can talk about it with out crossing the line.

Apparently Worsfold did an interview on 7 talking about why he wants the job, hopefully it’s online soon.

fondling tippa inappropriately

its weird even tho nothing has been announced feel like worsfold is already Essendon coach and have accepted it and moved on. more concerned about trading and the draft. the VFL finals was a good distraction too

Hird got sacked after the Adelaide game yeah? When Worsfold was in town?

Woosha has had this job since before there was a job

I just wanna know if “the process” is still a thing, or if it’s a farce like last time.

ps: I love youse all.

I just hope we get a ‘Dimma’s laptop’-grade story out of this.

You mean this?

“For that [return to coaching] to be a coaching role at Essendon obviously I have to show them that I’ve got the energy, the hunger and the ability to fulfil what they’re looking for,” he said. “I’ve been given a brief on what I’m expected to present, as the others will, so I’ll be putting a fair bit of work into that.”

I am still not sure I want Worsfold, however listening to an excerpt of an interview with him from about 12 months ago and he pretty much ruled out coaching in the next 12 months but after that he would reconsider. He seemed like he thought he may get the hunger to coach back. I am sort of changing my view but still not 100% sold.

I am still not sure I want Worsfold, however listening to an excerpt of an interview with him from about 12 months ago and he pretty much ruled out coaching in the next 12 months but after that he would reconsider. He seemed like he thought he may get the hunger to coach back. I am sort of changing my view but still not 100% sold.
Wait till you see him in a club polo

Ha ha maybe. I cannot find the ‘like’ button to ‘like’ that post. Out of curiosity how do you pronounce your username benfti? Is it as simple as it looks?

Ben f.t.i

■■■■■■ hell just name him already and tell dew, McCartney and whoever elses time we wasted to bugger off.

The AFL Coaches Association has confirmed that John Worsfold’s hand is up to coach Essendon.
Source: AAP
23 Sep 2015 - 6:34 PM UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

West Coast premiership coach John Worsfold has confirmed he wants to return to AFL senior coaching at Essendon.

The news comes a day after Adelaide announced Worsfold would soon leave the club.

He is the outright favourite to be the Bombers’ next senior coach.

Worsfold, who coached West Coast to the 2006 premiership, had been temporary football director at the Crows since the July 3 death of their coach Phil Walsh.

After saying he was not interested in a return to senior coaching, Worsfold revealed late last month that he had changed his mind.

And on Wednesday, Worsfold said that he wanted to coach the Bombers.

“It took getting back into footy to realise I’m kidding myself - I think I know what I really love doing,” he told the Seven Network.

"It feels like it’s what I should be doing.

“For that to be a coaching role at Essendon, obviously I have to show them that I have the energy, the hunger and the ability to fulfil what they’re looking for.”

It is understood that Essendon’s coaching sub-committee will meet with Worsfold by the end of the week.

“I’ve been given a brief on what I’m expected to present, as the other (candidates) will,” he said.

"They don’t really know me yet.

"They might know of me, but they really need to hear from me what I’m all about.

Worsfold’s initial about-face on senior coaching prompted Essendon to send a high-level club delegation to Adelaide for a meeting with him.

But the Bombers have strongly denied persistent speculation that they offered Worsfold a five-year deal.

Worsfold stepped aside from his role as AFL Coaches Association chairman during his time at the Crows.

“John’s decision to explore the Bombers role comes after his three-month stint at Adelaide, during which time he whetted his appetite for life as an AFL coach,” coaches association chief executive Mark Brayshaw said in a statement.

“We wish him well as he meets with Essendon and, if he decides to formally apply for the role, we would wholeheartedly endorse his application.”

Worsfold is West Coast’s longest-serving senior coach after being in charge from 2002-13

he is apparantely bullish about the list according to the channel 7 reporter

well, put a line through woosha then

I’ve still got my fingers crossed that Skippy will make a late surge and get the top job.

And Mccartney can get stuffed after he went to the Dogs and drafted every decent VFL prospect from under our nose.

I've still got my fingers crossed that Skippy will make a late surge and get the top job.

I’ve got my fingers crossed that if this happens we’ll witness a true phoenix moment because that guy will bring the ashes quicker than a fiery inferno.

Assuming Woosha brings McKenna as his right hand man any chance we chase Harley Bennell?

“We wish him well as he meets with Essendon and, if he decides to formally apply for the role, we would wholeheartedly endorse his application.”

Who gives a fark if you do or if you don't.

Who gives a fark if you do or if you don't.

It’s happening and being ushered in by all of our new overlords, the afl, their media cronies, their sub cronies the aflpa, we just need love child Clarkson to sign off and it can be over, wow how are we to pretend their was a ‘process’ if it is Worsfold…

Does he have his level 1 coaching accreditation?