#15 Josh Green - delisted

Still think it will be after R5 before he plays.
I get the impression the club is very very pleased with Green even at this early point. The guy is an accurate goal kicker, from a wide range of angles, set shots and on the run at full speed, across his body, picks the ball off the ground at full speed, sees options and is not greedy. Joe might do well to just hand pass to him and not stress about kicking goals. I am tipping Green might be an in from round 1

Nothing I am saying detracts from Fanta. Question is, is Fanta more valuable as a mid?

Yeah agree with your comments on Green.

I just think with the way Crowe manages players they will hold him back a bit to ensure he is good in the foot and top level fitness.

TASMANIANS IN THE AFL 2017: Clarence’s Josh Green says Essendon is starting to feel like home

Alex Fair
@AJFair85

26 Jan 2017, 1 p.m.

The Essendon Football Club is starting to feel like home to Josh Green.

The small-forward from Clarence has settled into life at Tullamarine since the Bombers gave him a lifeline as a delisted free agent in November.

“I’m really starting to forge some relationships with the guys here and really learn how the club works both on and off field,’’ the 24-year-old told Fairfax Media at the cub’s training base.

“This is a really good club and they have made me feel very welcome.

“Everyone is here for the one cause, and that is to win the premiership, and that is something I am really excited about.”

The ex-Lion has recently returned to full training, with his foot issues seemingly a thing of the past.

“I don’t think I have ever been this fit since I have been in the AFL, which is great.

“I’ve dropped three and a half kilos, the skinfolds are really low and I am running on the top of the ground, so I do feel I have prepared myself well enough to really have a good shot at it this year.”

Green, who kicked 107 goals in 81 games for Brisbane, twice leading their goal-kicking, said he had some “simple” aims as he starts his second AFL life.

“I’m just trying to create my own spot here and hopefully play 15-20 games and around goals get up around near that 30 mark.

“Some people might think that is a bit high, but I’ve been there before, so why not?

“Ultimately, I haven’t had much team success, so that is the ultimate aim.

“The expectation here for success is quite high and that’s what I’m enjoying.”

To do that he knows he will need to develop a strong relationship with the taller types inside 50, including Joe Daniher, Cale Hooker, James Stewart and fellow Tasmanian Thomas Bellchambers.

“We have some guys here who can really crash the packs and get the ball to ground, but we do need to work on those relationships.

“That takes time, as it is really just about getting to know each other and how we go about our football.”

Overall, Green is thankful to still have an opportunity, especially at a club such as Essendon.

Former Swan Xavier Richards is a reminder of how quickly it can end.

Both Green and Richards rejected contract offers from their former clubs, but unlike the Tasmanian, Richards was unable to find a spot on a list.

“I won’t lie, I did knock back a three year deal and it almost did come back and bite me.

“You look at what happened there (with Richards) and you do think about the risk.

“But I wasn’t really that happy at Brisbane, so I bit the bullet and hoped someone would take the punt.

“I think it has been really good for me that I have had to prove myself and this was a new challenge I needed.”

Essendon will open their JLT Community Series campaign against Collingwood at Etihad Stadium on February 16.

“I’ve dropped three and a half kilos, the skinfolds are really low and I am running on the top of the ground, so I do feel I have prepared myself well enough to really have a good shot at it this year.”

good stuff.

I’m not just some one eyed irrational supporter.

Green is a very good small forward that played in a poor side.

What a get. I’m stoked.

I’m putting myself on the line and saying he will be awesome this yr.

Bluey says theres good chemistry developing between Walla, Raz and Green, but Bluey already wants to grab Walla for a midfield role.
Thats really exciting. Walla is becoming even more evasive and slick in traffic and we know about his run and carry and his laser disposal.

Interesting. Hawthorn seem to quite often play Breust, Poppy and Cyril in the forward line at the same time. We could try that. But I can see these little guys rotating through the midfield and forward line in turn .

Heres hoping the slice and dice the opposition starting in 2017 and go right through to 2024 and maybe beyond.

One thing is for sure, our small defenders can’t handle our small forwards.

Bluey, where do you see Walla predominantly playing in the forward half or back?

At this stage he is training in with the forwards and has avg. 3 goals in match play. He keeps performing the way he is I want him in the midfield. The chemistry with Walla, Raz and Green is exciting at the moment.

Facebook q & a

2017: The rise of the Mosquito Fleet

http://s30.postimg.org/ie5oimewx/image.jpg

Bluey, where do you see Walla predominantly playing in the forward half or back?

At this stage he is training in with the forwards and has avg. 3 goals in match play. He keeps performing the way he is I want him in the midfield. The chemistry with Walla, Raz and Green is exciting at the moment.

Facebook q & a

I am confused; why would you relocate a 75 goal per year forward?

(I hear you say that the match play to date has only gone two-three quarters per “game”, so he should kick more than 75. Stop being greedy, people.)

Facebook q & a

Worth keeping in mind that neither JoeDan, nor Chooka have played in the match play yet. So while Hurley has been bossing around Stewart and co, he wouldn’t be able to do that with the other two. More scraps = more goals. Unless it’s clunk city of course.

We are in for a very exciting year in that F50.

Facebook q & a

(I hear you say that the match play to date has only gone two-three quarters per “game”, so he should kick more than 75. Stop being greedy, people.)

For a midfielder who is untouchable and delivers 5-6 score involvements a game. Hells yeah.

Facebook q & a

Bluey is the midfield coach. It’s tongue in cheek.

The tools are there to have a very effective forward line. The key is to give them a chance to show their talents. Quick ball movement and chemistry between mids and forwards is key and the thing we’ve lacked for years.

So he knocked back a 3 yr deal.

So he wasn’t entitled to move as a DFA.

Do the AFL have ANY grasp on their own rules and any competence at administering their own fkn competition?

Do the AFL have ANY grasp on their own rules and any competence at administering their own fkn competition?

Rhetorical question I take it.

Everyone was giving greene ■■■■ before we picked him up now everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Always seemed like a good pickup especially since we are lacking in that area. Something else that suprised me is he is still under 25 so could be good for another 5 -7 years all going well.

You are a delisted free agent if there is no contract on the table or if the club thinks you have no trade value - This has no relationship to Green being offered a one year deal.

This guys deserves some real credit for how hard he has worked since getting to the club.

Everyone was giving greene ■■■■ before we picked him up now everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Always seemed like a good pickup especially since we are lacking in that area. Something else that suprised me is he is still under 25 so could be good for another 5 -7 years all going well.

I actually don’t recall anyone giving him ■■■■. I think if anything, everyone is quite keen to see him