#15 Josh Green - delisted

This guys deserves some real credit for how hard he has worked since getting to the club.

When real opportunity knocks, some guys don’t realise it, some will walk through the door, & others will knock the fkn thing down to take it.

It’s very indicative of what we can expect from him.

The best bit about our list ATM??

He’s a very long way from being the Lone Ranger on this score.

So he knocked back a 3 yr deal.

So he wasn’t entitled to move as a DFA.

Do the AFL have ANY grasp on their own rules and any competence at administering their own fkn competition?

You are a delisted free agent if there is no contract on the table or if the club thinks you have no trade value - This has no relationship to Green being offered a one year deal.

wat.

knocked back 3 yr deal
no contract on the table

Do the AFL have ANY grasp on their own rules and any competence at administering their own fkn competition?

You are a delisted free agent if there is no contract on the table or if the club thinks you have no trade value - This has no relationship to Green being offered a one year deal.

wat.

knocked back 3 yr deal
no contract on the table

That was Yaco speak for: Brisbane could have delisted him after he knocked back the contract believing there was not enough interest for a club to trade for him.

wat.

knocked back 3 yr deal
no contract on the table

That was Yaco speak for: Brisbane could have delisted him after he knocked back the contract believing there was not enough interest for a club to trade for him.

You know my thoughts ! - You are 100% right with your post - The fact is Essendon wanted to trade for Green at the end of 2015,when he was still contracted - Greene chose to honor his contract and of course the landscape for small forwards changed in 2016, hence Greene only being offered a one year contract.

Everyone was giving greene ■■■■ before we picked him up now everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Always seemed like a good pickup especially since we are lacking in that area. Something else that suprised me is he is still under 25 so could be good for another 5 -7 years all going well.
Nup, always rated him as decent at Brisbane and tbh I think a lot of the "hate" came from his celebrations and the fact he always pulled a few BS goals off again us. But then again which small forward doesn't. And the nature of football supporters dictates that unless someone is a bona fide gun they are a front runner.

If Green can get back to his best he is best 22, a dangerous small forward, and someone who will allow Tippa to move into the midfield full time when he has the fitness which is where I’ve always see him ending up.

Go and look in draft and trade board, there were plenty against Green with comments like:

“He’s fat and lazy”

“Been delisted by worst team in comp, why would you want him?”

“Don’t want him taking games off Raz”

Over his injury which prevented him running and has now lost 3.5kg and in career best shape. Mentally refreshed as well after being unhappy at Lions

Had a 3yr contract in front of him but put off discussions until end of year & in end chose to look at other options, and was then delisted. Brisbane from a PR perspective given the walk outs last few years had to sell that a particular way.

Is now forming what will end up being a formidable fwd relationship with all of Raz, TIPPA and Colyer at times. Bluey has stated it’s exciting the chemistry going on with our small fwds. Pace & pressure combined with serious scoring power.

Other team mates noting with respect to his goal kicking “just does not miss”

Going to be a super recruit for us.

I hope he’s the next Darren Bewick, but I’ll happily take the next Gary Moorcroft. Anything but Shane Harvey really.

Everyone was giving greene ■■■■ before we picked him up now everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Always seemed like a good pickup especially since we are lacking in that area. Something else that suprised me is he is still under 25 so could be good for another 5 -7 years all going well.
Nup, always rated him as decent at Brisbane and tbh I think a lot of the "hate" came from his celebrations and the fact he always pulled a few BS goals off again us. But then again which small forward doesn't. And the nature of football supporters dictates that unless someone is a bona fide gun they are a front runner.

If Green can get back to his best he is best 22, a dangerous small forward, and someone who will allow Tippa to move into the midfield full time when he has the fitness which is where I’ve always see him ending up.

Just about any player in the whole competition fits this bill too

Are Greene and Heppel the same guys as Green and Heppell???

Are Greene and Heppel the same guys as Green and Heppell???

Green or Greene probably would not matter.
These little players who “always pull a few BS goals off again us” are very often irritating, smug prix when they do it.
The same little players who might become “goal sneaks” for us are probably going to be described by us as having “attitude”

This pleases me.

Thought I’d check my initial reaction and unsurprised to see it’s my usual OTT ranting.

Will be a jet. Get on board!

He knocked back a three year deal early in the season. At the end of the season no offer was on the table, and he was delisted. And we then picked him up as a DFA.

Should we call him “The Lantern?

You know, coz of the whole Green Lantern super hero thing, but…

… also the fact that his head looks like it’s on fire?

^
That is perfect @“BLOODSTAINED DEVILS”

Pumpkin - orange.
Lantern - green
Facial expression - angry lil Kent

The bloke has got himself into the best shape of his career I have no doubt he will star for us.

Fanta,Tippa,Green causing havoc and kicking goals till the early morning.

His best game for us will be on Anzac Day fisting pumping to the Collingwood cheer sqaud after slotting his third.

The bloke has got himself into the best shape of his career I have no doubt he will star for us.

His best game for us will be on Anzac Day fisting pumping to the Collingwood cheer sqaud after slotting his third.

.....second behind his best game kicking 5 against the scum crumbing off Weitering (who hasn't been able to hold one all day against Hooker) and running up to the grog squad giving a big "fark carlton" with a fist f*cking action.

.....second behind his best game kicking 5 against the scum crumbing off Weitering (who hasn't been able to hold one all day against Hooker) and running up to the grog squad giving a big "fark carlton" with a fist f*cking action.

Or Joe… who says “Pizz off Jacob, my arms are longer than yours, not to mention my…” ( cue the Grog Squad. )

Calling him the green lantern would be like peeto getting on his bandwagon.

Dooming his career.