#26 Kaine Baldwin - till 2024

Key Position tall - Check
Exciting talent - Check
Injury Prone - Check

Welcome to Essendon!

52 Likes

We’re definitely tanking. Or to put it more mildly, we’re playing the long game!

2 Likes

Baldwin would be the 1st round talent that Sheedy alluded that we would be picking up.

Kid can play… if his knee holds up.

4 Likes

Very surprising. Good luck to him.

Wonder what they seem him as at the top level. 194 is a little short these days for a true KPP.

Already reminds me of Courtney Johns.

10 Likes

Now we just need to find out if Kaine is Able …

14 Likes

Untitled3

Is that… Danny Jacobs? Uncanny…

17 Likes

It is difficult to draw any conclusion other than him being our saviour.

50 Likes

Very happy with this one I was hoping we would land him late in the draft. A lot of potential hopefully knee holds up.

4 Likes

No, I was big on us drafting him and made that pretty clear many times. The kid looked like he could become anything pre injury. If he is over it even half decently he will be a good get.
Very, very happy with this

93 Likes

@THE_DON1 is gonna be full lid off after this signing

3 Likes

34 Likes

There is a clear type being recruited:

tall
athletic
very good skills
clunkers
run all day
tall

13 Likes

Really happy for the kid. Imagine being that young and wrecking your knee twice. He probably thought he would never play AFL at the highest level.

Plus going through so much at such a early age, you know he is going to be putting in the hard work in to make the most of his ability/ chance

Whether it works out or not, I’m happy that he is getting a chance

Welcome aboard Kaine!

5 Likes

Congrats to Kaine. He’s done some hard yards already so he knows about persistence and work ethic. Sounds like he has plenty of ability and potential.

3 Likes

Another tall really?

I thought we stocked up on talls last year

I don’t mind the investment in a lot of talls.

If we develop surplus to needs, talls hold far more trade value than mids/smalls. Gives us opportunities to bring in top-end talent when (hopefully) the list is starting flourish.

I mean, we could also end up with a bunch of nothing. But that’s the whole fun of the sport, right?

9 Likes

I like we are drafting bigger players.

If he can get fit enough - who’s to say he can’t be a big bodied midfielder?

1 Like

Yep, it’s almost as if we are taking a large number who are in with a chance of being decade long spine players, backing the numbers that we’ll get at least 2 or 3 rippers in the end.

Anymore than that’s a bonus and/or worth good picks at the trade table.

6 Likes

That came out of nowhere. We are just going to play keepings off!

Can’t all be pinned on Disco. Rutten will be having a major say in elite running taller players.

This bloke is Stringer/Lav? height also, couldn’t call him true kpf.

1 Like