#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

I just don’t agree, as someone thats kicking is equal on both side which side wasn’t a factor in my decision making. I think this might be a case of breaking down mechanics a step too far.

If you’re two sided your decision is dictated by the space and the defender. Mitchell loves to fake to the outside and then attack the corridor, he does this on both wings off either foot, he appears to have time because defenders can’t corral one side or the other, if they overcommit he steps them onto his other side

It’s not about having 1 side more elite than the other, but instead I think it’s more about him being able to quickly know which side he needs to run on to without being indecisive and wasting time

Thinking in sport has shifted from the idea that time is best spent working on your weaknesses to time is best spent developing your strengths. Of course it would be great for Mutch to become elite with both feet, but it’s certainly more achievable for him to become elite on one side if efforts are focused on that particular goal.

It's not about having 1 side more elite than the other, but instead I think it's more about him being able to quickly know which side he needs to run on to without being indecisive and wasting time

coralled to non-prefered side, high loopy kick down the line, teammates gets an ear massage, or sent to hospital like dempsey in sydney.

Came here and didn’t hear one gaffe about his surname… not one

Good or bad its farking ridiculously how everyone is rating these draftees before they have even played a game yet, nab cup cant come soon enough

What’s the fuss ! - Mutch should be congratulated if he is competent with both feet - There’s only been a few players where it’s not apparent they are left sided or right sided.

Love the thread name change.

'Boot: will you ask old man Mutch why he named his son after a city in Japan ?

'Boot: will you ask old man Mutch why he named his son after a city in Japan ?
What's your beef with that?
Came here and didn't hear one gaffe about his surname.... not one
Mutch Ado About Nothing
Thinking in sport has shifted from the idea that time is best spent working on your weaknesses to time is best spent developing your strengths. Of course it would be great for Mutch to become elite with both feet, but it's certainly more achievable for him to become elite on one side if efforts are focused on that particular goal.
Yes and No, it is the ability to kick with both feet that helped make Sam Mitchell into the player he is. It is a mighty good skill to have and one most players, would love to have.

With Jobe and Kobe, we really should look at Benik Afobe from Bournemouth

Came here and didn't hear one gaffe about his surname.... not one

Surprised Mutch?

Good or bad its farking ridiculously how everyone is rating these draftees before they have even played a game yet, nab cup cant come soon enough

That’s when all of the “I told you sos” happen.

Why?

Why?

Maybe because Kobe has been nicknamed ‘the eel’

Thinking in sport has shifted from the idea that time is best spent working on your weaknesses to time is best spent developing your strengths. Of course it would be great for Mutch to become elite with both feet, but it's certainly more achievable for him to become elite on one side if efforts are focused on that particular goal.
Yes and No, it is the ability to kick with both feet that helped make Sam Mitchell into the player he is. It is a mighty good skill to have and one most players, would love to have.

Well he can kick with both feet. Nobody is suggesting anything other than that is a good thing. But if he is to become an excellent kick, it’s more likely that he will achieve that goal if he focuses his efforts on one side. In most occasions players have the opportunity to turn onto their preferred side. It also makes the more predictable to their teammates.

Well he can kick with both feet. Nobody is suggesting anything other than that is a good thing. But if he is to become an excellent kick, it’s more likely that he will achieve that goal if he focuses his efforts on one side. In most occasions players have the opportunity to turn onto their preferred side. It also makes the more predictable to their teammates.

Also predictable to the opposition. I think someone who can use either foot is NOT nearly as predictable. I am probably saying that because I can.