#18 Lewis Hayes

Wasn’t Cody Brand supposed to be this?

5 Likes

Be really happy. If both he and Reid make it then we have any tall fwd line well and truly covered

Reid, Hayes, Ridley, Zerk-Thatcher, Laverde. Represents depth, potential and quality

5 Likes

Cody would never have been taken so high in the draft. He was a much more speculative selection who in the end couldn’t quite step up.

Lewis Hayes is a well regarded and being second round selection suggests he will likely have more upside than Cody.

https://instagram.com/stories/easternranges/2982099566171748367?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

2 Likes

Welcome to the Bombers.

1 Like

What does this mean for Reid??

Can they both play in the backline???

They are both going to be giants.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

Tipping Hayes replaces BZT eventually.

Considering he can kick, that’s already an improvement. Just needs to bulk up.

1 Like

BZT was very good last season and progressed a lot. I think it will take a bit to dislodge him. IMO Lavs spot is up for grabs a bit, but not sure Hayes replaces him, would be too tall down back

7 Likes

I’m ok with BZT keeping the spot warm for a couple of years whilst Hayes builds his body.
They can fight it out later.

Hayes is already a miles better kick than BZT.

Agree, BZT did get better last year. Who knows what will happen with actual focus on development.

1 Like

The other option is if they genuinely try to develop Reid into a forward and BZT owns the tall lockdown defender role.

The more I think about the Hayes selection the more I like it. It gives us a lot of options.

It all comes down to development from hereon out

11 Likes

We’re pretty skinny on key position players really down back. It’s a good pickup. Feels it anyways.

McBride
Stewart

We cut Brand and Eyre.

So we are only an injury or two away to the wrong players from struggle town.

2 Likes

Great selection. We cut our loses with Brand and Eyre who were no where up to it and brought in a guy with more talent and more upside

4 Likes

Really rate the selection tbh.

BZT & Reid not established.
Stewart sucks.
Lav meh.
McBride who knows.
Brand and Francis out the door.

Why not take a swing at another KPD.

10 Likes

Such good luck to to Lewis !!

“Tall and agile defender who makes great decisions on when to mark or spoil. Is also neat with his ball use on the way out of defence. Averaged 17 disposals, six marks and five rebound 50s to be an important cog in Victoria Metro’s Championships-winning team, earning All-Australian honours.” - Kevin Sheehan

5 Likes

Big Sammy Draper says hi.

Anyone got highlights of him intercepting. One of the videos on here was him just taking kick outs basically

People seem to think Reid is a lock as a defender, but he did massive damage playing as a ruck/fwd too. He has the skill-set to play at both ends, so as if you wouldn’t explore that at some point. Having Hayes & BZT there would allow us to do so.

2 Likes

When did he do massive damage as a forward?

2 Likes