Luke Ball - what does he do again?

wow, … bsd trying, … to make a joke, …

Great appointment, I’ve always been a fan.

But Manager People Performance? Sounds like one of those jobs in your organisation where the person does nothing, speaks in w@nky buzz words and gets paid 150K a year

2 Likes

Yeah right.

1 Like

Would the performance side of things be non-people related?

plus super?

3 Likes

I have no idea what job he’s supposed to do but he’s the sort of person I’m very glad to have at the club.

1 Like

Win

With 6 weeks annual leave.

Footy Dept spending is capped now, … right? whistle

Just guessing abased on what’s on the EFC site on the staff listings page, http://www.essendonfc.com.au/our-club/employment/staff-listing

they list Football department positions as:

Football – Coaching
Football – Physical Performance
Football – Operations & Compliance
Football – Medical
Football – Learning & Wellbeing
Football – List and Recruiting

Ball’s position reports to Lisa Lawry, who is GM, Leadership, Learning, People and Culture
and this is listed as Leadership, Learning, People and Culture (i…e no Football in the title).
Other person in that department is Florian Gaylor - People and Culture Advisor

so… it may fall outside of Football Dept cap.

cough but a board member who likes to frequent these boards would have a much better idea than I.

5 Likes

If I was the AFL (god forbid) and a club hired someone whose job description included “maximising the relationship between coaches and the playing group,” I’d definitely include it in football department spend.

Ball!

Yes!

5 Likes

Alllright…

The role Luke is taking on is a bit of a hybrid role. I’m not entirely close to the details - it sits within the football department but has more of a people and learning lean than a pure football department role.

10 Likes

Future Captain.

Also, the HR statement maybe does belong in the other Blitz thread I won’t mention…

1 Like

Kevin Sheedy - GM Innovations and Strategy

1 Like

This the bloke who was part of the Players Association and had SFA to say in support of our players during the saga? Will fit in well with our Fairfax board member.

6 Likes

Yep. 100%.

It would be funny if it wasn’t all our collective money being spent!

Good operator.

It’s already been mentioned, about 40posts ago…

And very appropriate there, too.

1 Like