Luke Ball - what does he do again?

I’m sure he’s a well qualified appointment- i really believe that given his history.

It just that regardless how good an appointment it is, it feels to me like I’ve licked my worst ememies amenities…

Just what we need at the club, a draft tamperer.

1 Like

got him a few years too late.

Not a good pick up by the club, a great one!

For starters he is well qualified and has credentials. The AFL approve of him how’s zat.

My hunch is that Dan Richardson would be the driving force behind this given he announced it and cultural and personal attitudinal change were a huge factor in the Tigers’ success last year.

winner!

I have NFI who this guy is, how good he is at his job, who his mates are, what club he barracked for as a kid.
I just hope he is a better fit for our club than the likes of Neil Craig who might have been a very knowledgeable footy/fitness guy with massive levels of experience but really never seemed to be invested at the club.

It must be hard for the professional staff who move from club to club to AFL to club, and somehow need to ( be seen to ) be invested in the esprit de corps of the club, while retaining a professional outlook. Alternatively, are they going to be a 9-5 employee in the footy industry? If so, I can’t see them lasting at any club and are probably more suited to the AFL bureaucracy…

I wasn’t knocking this appointment or Luke Ball. I just felt Essendon has former players with high standard character that can do this type of job but it looks like Luke has good qualification too. So it looks like a good appointment especially with AFL approval.

You imagine he would be pretty good mates with BJ, after their years together at the Saints.

And one of his first jobs at the end of the 2018 season, might to be give his good mate the tap on the shoulder, not something anyone would enjoy doing.

A job Hardwick could never get. Job would be 95% PowerPoint presentations.

4 Likes

Just finished second in the Crichton.

Wouldn’t mind the season playing out before retiring him.

3 Likes

You obviously missed the word “MIGHT”

1 Like

Seems like a good operator. Title is a little ■■■■■, but he’ll do a good job.

BJ shows no signs of slowing down. He’s one highly motivated/driven dude so it wouldn’t surprise to see him run around in 2019. Reckon he’s thinking flag and Essendon are close.

2 Likes

Bj doesn’t have mates. Just people he tolerates.

5 Likes

You don’t know who Luke Ball is? No. 2 draft pick, Club captain, Premiership player, All-Australian, 200 gamer… ringing any bells?

LOL, yes, I have heard of him, but what you have outlined is all I know. What I am saying is I dont have any idea about him. I havent met him, I havent seen his references, I didnt sit in the interviews, dont know his motivations for leaving the AFL and what he says he can bring to the club.,
How am I supposed to say yes its a good appointment or no its a bad one. How can any Blitz poster have an opinion with any “authority”?

1 Like

Beats me, but that won’t stop them trying

1 Like

Xav knows what he is doing. Richo has been in the job 2 days so I doubt he has fully got a handle on the way the Essendon organisation works just yet, and yet he announced the appointment… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: