#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Already doing more than his old man said he would.

Baby steps.

:blush:

1 Like

Where are his thongs?

1 Like

funny guy!

Runs like his dad

5 Likes

Hahaha!

It was an 8km session for him today, his first day at the club.

25 Likes

8kmā€¦geez glad they are easing him into it!

2 Likes

Is that enough? I didnā€™t want to go the full bogan neck and face tatts, know what I mean. The old man doesnā€™t seem like he runs with any bikey gang, but I could be wrong! (Unless @S_K you run with the MAMILsā€¦)

12 Likes

Ahemā€¦not forgetting to obtain a chemistā€™s (other than one named Alavi) certification of the ingredients and legality of every morsel entering his body via ingestion, skin contact or sniffing (or possibly even muscular injection).
Have we learned nothing from the saga?
Anything less leaves us vulnerable to penalties for bad governance and the likelihood of FCFC being gifted our spot in the finals.

2 Likes

Wow. I had no idea they went that far. Thatā€™s fantastic.

2 Likes

This is amazing insight weā€™re getting. Loving it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to get heaps more out of him, but heā€™s a kid of few words!

He has had an amazing time in The NT and has said the Katherine Gorge hike was the hardest thing heā€™s ever done!

29 Likes

Laconic

7 Likes

Any chance he plays AFLX?

Itā€™s probably his best shot for any pre-season action I would have thought. He is not able to do any competitive work until after Xmas, and from a non-footballing background, heā€™d really be pushing it to figure in any pre-season competitions.

1 Like

Donā€™t take it personallyā€¦ they tell the players not to give Blitzers too much information.

4 Likes

Not another one!

1 Like

Coming as it did after a post saying he is a kid of few words, the ā€œlaconicā€ post was rare correct usage. And was, itself, as a one-word post (dare I say it), laconic!

1 Like

Big boy Lavender gets the gratuitous fluff piece!

Lavender puts down roots

After a month at the Essendon Football Club, new recruit, Luke Lavender, has found his feet in the world of AFL.

Drafted as a Category B Rookie, Lavender left Premier Cricket in South Australia to pursue a career in football with the Bombers.

Lavender said he is enjoying the challenges of the transition.

ā€œItā€™s a different game, there is a lot more running than cricket but my body is starting to get up to the standard that I need to be at. I should be all good by the start of the season,ā€ Lavender said.

ā€œOver the preseason I want to build up my muscle, Iā€™ve been doing a lot of weights recently and will continue working on that.

ā€œIā€™ve been training with Hurley and doing a lot of bike work with him, heā€™s been really good to me.

ā€œIā€™m travelling pretty well and getting nice and fit with the boys. Iā€™m really enjoying it.ā€

Lavender said fellow new recruits Jordan Houlihan, Matt Guelfi, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Trent Mynott had settled into the Club nicely.

ā€œThey are all going pretty well and the boys have really taken them under their wings so they are all enjoying it,ā€ Lavender said.

ā€œItā€™s a different system to what theyā€™re probably used to but everyone is getting there.ā€

5 Likes

Oh no, he has fluff piece, the club has failed him.

Honestly @S_Kā€¦ does that dribble sound like the sort of thing your boy would say???

Whereā€™s the ā€œFark Carlton!!!ā€

5 Likes