#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

I don’t doubt that the clubs could probably look at better approaches to kicking and go to a first principles approach rather than “just call up Lloydo and get him to have a chat to Joe” but historically kicking has been shown to be easily the hardest skill to fix and has ended the most careers of otherwise quality players.

I think theres a huge difference with being taught a fundamentally sound skill, and the bullshit your dad taught you then trying to re-learn how to kick a ball again to make clubs satisfied.

2 Likes

Awesome, great stuff. Can’t wait to see the boy dominate.

1 Like

I wish @S_K didn’t say he was coordinated, i want some gangly unco ■■■■■■■■■■■■ like mason cox so we could do collingwood dirty on anzac day as revenge.

2 Likes

LOL at Mum’s (?) “I’m glad you marked that”…

6 Likes

Yep, that’s Mum. Luke was mortified that that stayed in the video! Obviously, she’s his number one fan!

15 Likes

Gees he’s mobile.

1 Like

If he hadn’t clunked it, . it appears she would have a video camera for an eye right now!!

Which, … now I think about it, would actually be fantastic … :thinking:

(Also, … congrats SK, . you must be proud as punch!)

3 Likes

Proud doesn’t go anywhere near explaining what I feel.

He’s worked so hard over the last 18 months for this. Getting to the AFL is still a long shot, and making a career of it even more so. But he has the drive, the passion and the support to make a decent fist of it.

A few celebratory drinks for us tonight. Not for Luke though, he’s at the gym…

108 Likes

That’s great! Good luck to our new ‘lav’… you must be really chuffed.

1 Like

LAV

1 Like

Good on you mate! Really happy for you, Luke and the family! Here’s to a long, happy and successful career at the Bombers!

3 Likes

I propose that NEW LAV be sponsored by BLITZ.

16 Likes

Expect the unexpected go Disco!

Welcome on board Lav!

1 Like

Big question is how we get proper ruck time into both Draper and LAV2, while Leuenberger is running around in the magoos.

6 Likes

Great pic! They dont look at all happy do they? :laughing:

1 Like

Yes, Good handball to the running Luke

1 Like

Yep, I honestly believe they picked the wrong bloke!

3 Likes

I’m glad someone mentioned it.

I’m assuming Bellchambers plays AFL seniors.
Looney plays VFL ruck.
McKernan must be full time CHF.
Draper plays backup ruck/forward.
Lav plays VFL seconds ruck.

At some stage in the next 12 months, McKernan and Looney need to make way to give time for our rucks to further develop.

Lavender is a couple of years older than Draper. It’ll be interesting who gets preference.