#40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Lav it up, furball.

1 Like

In plenty of ways, Cat B is the best way to join an AFL list. There can be no expectations of playing AFL; you are likely to be the worst player on the list initially. The hard work is all ahead. Get it right, and it is an amazing story. Dont get it right, and it’s probably what most were expecting anyway.

Luke wants to play AFL in 2018. It’s a massive ask and I’ve tried my best to temper his expectations. Still, it can’t hurt him to aspire to this. I’m more realistic. I just want him to settle, learn and improve. He is a winner, provided the environment is right, he will make it.

26 Likes

Underrated Post.

Yeah thanks heaps S_K

1 Like

Congratulations @s_k. Just remember, you’ve never made it until you’ve been a whipping boy on blitz.

Well done once again, but as SMJ said, never venture into this place again

3 Likes

G’day Lav!
Ahh hello Lav!
How are ya Lav!
A bit crook Lav!

1 Like

What does New LAV teach?

Ah New LAV will be teaching political science, Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, and Benaud.

Those are cricketers LAV!

Any questions?

New LAV! Are you a fark carlton supporter?

1 Like

I notice in Dunlop’s contract thread it has Luke contracted til 2019. The article on the EFC site doesn’t mention the contract length.
Is 2 years confirmed?

I thought 2 years was the minimum for cat b.

Maybe it is…I have no idea.
But if so, why isn’t McNeice already contracted for 2018?

No, the deal could have been 1, 2 or 3 years.

4 Likes

Best of luck S_K to your boy and the family. Great to see the happiness on your faces.
‘Eighteen months hard work’. This is the first dividend. Let’s hope there are many more.

3 Likes

Absolutely rapt that Luke is no longer a Collingwood supporter.

Oh, and really pleased he is with the Bombers.

1 Like
3 Likes

Congratualtions S_K, I hope you and your family have the ride of a life time.
One thing I would ask is if you can give Lav a few tapes of Shane Mumford, that aggression would be very much loved by many of us in here.

Good luck.

1 Like

Bring on the flower power!

Exactly and yet some want to recruit another developing ruck.

Personally I’d be after a guy who can play forward and pinch hit in the ruck. Essentially a replacement for Smack’s spot on the list. A guy like that can spend most of his time playing forward in the VFL.

Maybe Luenberger could be used as part of the Smith trade. Mumford looks shot.

2 Likes

LAV2.03/2.04