Welcome To Essendon - Mathew Stokes

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2016-01-29/btv-update-stokes-and-polkinghorne-sign-on

Loving it. Will add a dynamic we haven’t had for a while. A decent goalsneak!

Stokes is a great get, still a very good player and probably has 1-2 good years left. Polky gets his reward for performances in our VFL side. Can’t complain.

Im stoked to have him on board.

Groan. Surprised it took all of 3 posts!

Another one who has been there, done that, and can help drive the right standards.

Good choice.

Stokes is a great get, still a very good player and probably has 1-2 good years left. Polky gets his reward for performances in our VFL side. Can't complain.

You reckon?
I thought he looked more cooked than Paul Chapman’s scone on a 45 degree day

BUT HE’S A DRUG ADDICT!

WON’T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??!!

• Caro probably
Another one who has been there, done that, and can help drive the right standards.

Good choice.

im going out on a limb boot and saying that’s a reference to him rooting a team mates missus at geelong

BUT HE'S A DRUG ADDICT!

• Caro probably

Worse - he was trafficking!

About $5 worth

One thing for sure, they all look much better in the Essendon jumper!

Me too. Welcome Matt.

he had a very good year in 2014. Averaged above 25 touches a game. Will be handy.

Welcome!

BUT HE'S A DRUG ADDICT!

• Caro probably

This; waiting for some grub reporter to draw a link between Stokes’ ‘issue’ and us.

All the more reason to smile at this.

Not exactly my favourite Geelong player but hell, he’s one of us now. Go Matty boy!!

Welcome.

As long as he doesn’t grow that Dirty Sanchez moustache again.

BUT HE'S A DRUG ADDICT!

• Caro probably

He knows more than most about Stokehiometry…

hehehehe!
hehe
he
… ok, that was one for the chemists, carry on.

Good choice.

im going out on a limb boot and saying that’s a reference to him rooting a team mates missus at geelong

Ok maybe not. Must have been the drugs thing then.
Either way he’s naughty.

The benefits of getting him to me at least are less clear than crowley and kelly.
Think he’s cooked is one i can see taking games away from youngsters without adding to much in the protection of them during games.
If he’s there mostly as insurance makes more sense.

Time will tell on this one I think, but good luck now you’re here.

The younger players will have every opportunity to be playing AFL football in 2016. If they’re not up to it, then they shouldn’t be playing.