Mitch Brown - The Accountant

He’s dropped off from earlier in the season, but I think a few here are being harsh.

Personally I don't want him to put on our guernsey again. Not tall enough for ruck. Not mobile enough for forward. Not good enough for AFL. Pretty simple.

Wut?

Sure you’re in the right thread??

You’re right i’m in wrong one… was meant for Mckernan

Haven’t analysed it, but wouldn’t be surprised to find that the introduction of Jamar/Michael/Laverde to the forward line in recent weeks has overlapped with the role and space that he used to operate in…I’m not concerned about his kicking…

We brought him in as depth.

His set shots are killing the team. Looked steady down back

He’s kicked 18 15. And I don’t think he has has any out on the full? Quite good by EFC standards.

I really hate when stats don’t back up my argument!

He’s kicked 18 15. And I don’t think he has has any out on the full? Quite good by EFC standards.

Still don’t see a spot for him
With Hurley and Hooker. Credit due though.

Still don’t see a spot for him
With Hurley and Hooker. Credit due though.

Even if thats the case he’d be the first tall on standby if needed for injury or matchups and as a result would probably play a fair chunk of the season anyway

He’s never been one to get big numbers and he often fades in and out of games, but what made him valuable earlier on in the season was his efficiency in making the most of his chances when he had them. He hasn’t been able to do that recently and it looks as though his intensity has really dropped off.

Thought he was awful yesterday when we really needed one of him/Smack to stand up, with Joey copping the attention from Rance. Needs to lift this week and play with the same hunger and confidence he showed in the Sydney game. Can play and has still been a find for us this year but the jury is still out for me.

He's never been one to get big numbers and he often fades in and out of games, but what made him valuable earlier on in the season was his efficiency in making the most of his chances when he had them. He hasn't been able to do that recently and it looks as though his intensity has really dropped off. Thought he was awful yesterday when we really needed one of him/Smack to stand up, with Joey copping the attention from Rance. Needs to lift this week and play with the same hunger and confidence he showed in the Sydney game. Can play and has still been a find for us this year but the jury is still out for me.

I suspect this also

As a forward I imagine he would be better suited to a third tall role. I agree that his intensity can be pretty low at times.

He can win one on ones both in defense and up forward. Will be a very useful #3 banana at either end next year.

I think he’s in our best 22 next year as a third forward, or maybe a third defender.

Joe’s improvement would be in part due to opposition paying more attention to Brown. Makes Mitch’s job harder, but the team better.

Ideally you’d switch him and Francis back and forward as need dictates.

Very handy.

Very handy.

Exactly what he is. Handy.

Spudiest spud to ever spud

Shouldn't be playing anymore.

Is a cancer in our forwardline.

Either play him back or not at all.

Absolutely right. Nothing short of disgusting missing two shots from 20m out almost straight in front. Actually thought he would be a handy third tall for us next year up forward but his kicking is absolutely atrocious.

Has anyone seen him keep his feet in a contest?

Shouldn’t be playing anymore.

Is a cancer in our forwardline.

Either play him back or not at all.