Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Morale killer. Is a worse set shot the joe.

Either defence or reserves

Shouldn't be playing anymore.

Is a cancer in our forwardline.

Either play him back or not at all.

Absolutely right. Nothing short of disgusting missing two shots from 20m out almost straight in front. Actually thought he would be a handy third tall for us next year up forward but his kicking is absolutely atrocious.

And heā€™s the only current Essendon player thatā€™s ever done that?

He has done it every week since mid-season.

He is no more inaccurate than anyone else on our side. And he usually scores as opposed to out on the full.

Yeh but for a guy that doesnā€™t win his share if contests he needs to make the most if it because he is soft as butter

And everyone else is tough? Give me a break. The whole side is as soft as butter.

I think you should take that back bud.

Plenty of blokes out there busting a gut. Let down by some of the older boys today.

You were the one that started talking about players being as soft as butter. And you want me to take it back?

I said brown was soft.

You said everyone was soft???

Zerrett and the young brigade say hi

Actually thought Francis was more dangerous forward in one quarter than Brown was all game.

Brown officially a depth player for the last year of his contract. Ambrose gets a game ahead of him in the back line and Francis in the forward line.

Depth only. He can get hands to the ball, but doesnā€™t have the body strength to hold his shape and control the ball. Looks like a suburban footballer has wandered on to the ground and plays with as much intensity.

Whatā€™s happened to this bloke? his kicking for goal was ok and now has got the yips and misses also he seems to gone backwards which i find concerning.

Bitterly disappointed with his goal kicking ability in the past few months. It must destroy the players morale bit by bit when they work to get the ball up there and he is so insipid in front of goal. He seems to lack intensity and presence
Play him in the backline as a depth player or the VFL. We canā€™t waste a spot on the fwd line with someone who canā€™t kick goals to save themselves.

Even depth players should be able to kick goals 30 metres right in front

Certainly in our best 35 players. Just.

Even depth players should be able to kick goals 30 metres right in front
Anyone who kicks straight from 30 out is in our best 5.

See I actually think heā€™s OK.

Heā€™s been down in the last month, no doubt, but I think he has had a good year and can play. And forward, too.

If you take his disgraceful (disgraceful) kicking out of the equation (I know thatā€™s silly but not one player in our team sans LAV can kick atm) he still has a knack of kicking 2 a game. He has taken a few impressive marks though that has admittedly dropped down in the last month. Certainly needs some conditioning as well as some angry pills. I reckon heā€™s more than a decent chance at being part of our future, would love to see him, JD, Patton (or the like) forming our talls up forward.

But can I reiterate. His kicking is a DISGRACE as is the rest of the listā€™s. I reckon if we implemented a concerted squad-wide attempt at addressing the issue he gets back on the regular goalkickers list and we start singing his praises again.

1 Like

This guy is a real enigma to me.

He doesnā€™t look like a football player body wise - he has no muscle definition.
He kind of just glides around the ground and never seems to get above 6/10 on the intensity scale.
Yet he gets to a lot of contests and makes spoils and takes some nice marks.
He has slotted some nice goals from 40 out on 45 degree angle but then misses from 20 out directly in front (a lot).

Play back for rest of year.

To me he extremely ordinary. Redman will pass him as a forward by round 5 next year.

Brown needs to be tried back to compete with Ambrose/Gwilt.

Brown back, Franga forward.

Brown back, Franga forward.

I see what you did thereā€¦

Love his endeavor and certainly hasnā€™t been our worst player this year however if you are a forward then you earn your paycheck by kicking goals.

Iā€™m nervous with this bloke from 10 meters out now so therefore he is adding no value up forward.

Send him to the backline or play him in the VFL.

what pick did we give up for him?

what pick did we give up for him?

Play back for rest of year.

To me he extremely ordinary. Redman will pass him as a forward by round 5 next year.

Brown needs to be tried back to compete with Ambrose/Gwilt.

Will actually be an interesting contest

Depth for next year then off the list in 2 if we are going to be progressing.

The ole in between footballer like Mckernan.

Great 2ā€™s occasionally good/also crap 1ā€™s player