Mitch Brown - The Accountant

To be fair, Carlisle had the advantage of Maxwell playing “on” him.

To be fair, Carlisle had the advantage of Maxwell playing "on" him.

Was that the game we broke Maxwell for good? Anzac Day? I’d forgotten what a good bloke Jake was.

To be fair, Carlisle had the advantage of Maxwell playing "on" him.

Was that the game we broke Maxwell for good? Anzac Day? I’d forgotten what a good bloke Jake was.

Nah it was the return game later in 2014.
Carlisle had an absolute stinker on anzac day that year.

Brown suffered from having to play forward for much of the year. We needed someone up there but he is not a natural forward and unfortunately his kicking for goal is deplorable.
He played well down back on Saturday and I reckon that is his position.
Same with Tippa for mine. A natural back man.

The francis - brown swap in positions is what I hoped for and we got it. Would be good next year if they’re both down back though!

At Sandringham he was mainly a defender but swung forward when needed and hit the score board consistently. If we could have him doing that , that would be great. Basically won the preliminary final I think it was off his own boot in the 2nd half.

I still think he’s a good fit for us in the fwd line. Rather have Hurley Hooker Hartley down back, 2 AA’s makes us fort knox. Hopefully Joe comes on as he’s threatening to, Francis grows after running 100,000 kms during pre-season and I think Brown fits beautifully in with those 2. He’s not the sort to take a game by the scruff of the neck but he’ll be good for 1.5-2 goals a game. He’s shown he has a knack for scoring goals even in this season which is saying something.

Played well done back. Leave him there.

Don’t want him anywhere near the forward line, his set shots cruel the team.

His set shots weren't an issue until recently. I think he's just caught the Essendon goal kicking disease.

Agreed. I think he just lost confidence after a couple of off days, like Linday Thomas three or four years ago. Going to the backline for a few weeks will do him the world of good but I don’t see why he couldn’t make a handy 3rd tall forward next year. There is nothing much fundamentally wrong with his kicking.

More marks than Qwilt has ever taken :*

I don’t want a 3rd tall forward next year. I’d prefer 2 KPP’s and a resting ruckman

I'd rather him forward. Its easy to get 15 marks and getting a ton of uncontested ball down back, I'd rather him be a third forward where we need him most, take a few good marks and kick two goals a game next year. It can't be all Daniher as a tall option up forward,

All well and good expect he regularly missed what should have certainties

His set shots weren't an issue until recently. I think he's just caught the Essendon goal kicking disease.
Yeah, he kicked 14.8. Then since he's kicked 8.9. Which probably still makes him more accurate than the team average. He's just had a few absolute shockers, which many are focusing on.
He misses a few easy ones and Blitz won't let him go. He's kicked 23.17 so far this year, which would make him one of our more accurate forwards.
I don't want a 3rd tall forward next year. I'd prefer 2 KPP's and a resting ruckman

Hoping TBell does a Lazarus ? SMack is probably history and Gach is nowhere near ready for AFL level

I don't want a 3rd tall forward next year. I'd prefer 2 KPP's and a resting ruckman
Just play Joe as a non-traditional forward with Brown and Francis as your more traditional CHF/FF combo and you can have both (and allow Joe to cause problems wherever he wants).

Would have Lav ahead of him as the 3rd medium fwd

This. Joe, hooker and tbell wont work

Yep. Next season at least if they decide to work him into the middle more as time goes on. Then there’s Francis who could follow a similar pathway.

Nothing against Brown and I hope he proves me wrong but I see him as KP depth in a full list.

He’s a Blackman and a pretty handy One at that. He’s plays back for mine and if he’s depth then so be it, nothing wrong with having a ready made Kpd replacement at your service

Yeah, he kicked 14.8. Then since he's kicked 8.9. Which probably still makes him more accurate than the team average. He's just had a few absolute shockers, which many are focusing on.