Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Doesn’t seem to want to ‘go’ at either end.

Handy back up, good VFL player.

He’s not interested.

For a player of his dimensions, he still doesn’t seem to have the body required to give himself the best chance to succeed. I think he is more suited forward than back. I thought he did ok last year but needs to improve substantially in all areas to be best 22.

Came 6th in the B+F last year. Probably will play more games than people think due to being able to play both ends.

If any of Hurley, Hooker, Harley, Ambrose or Joe Dan are unavailable he’s at least close to selection. It would be between he and Stewart who I currently have him ahead of.

Watched the game and then the replay this morning… still think Brown was in the bottom 5 on the ground. Very hand depth player, versatile and can play both ends but hopefully won’t be best 22 this year if all things are going well.

I would clearly say that Ambrose would be ahead of him as the third ‘tall’ back and Stewart showed enough for me to suggest he would be ahead of him as the third key forward (if we even take a 3rd into a game).

His intensity at the contest has always been average. Depth for mine. He’s a odd one, he either plays really well, or you forget he’s out there. Needs more consistency, needs to still make a contribution even on his bad days

Gotta have decentish tall depth.

His intensity at the contest has always been average. Depth for mine. He's a odd one, he either plays really well, or you forget he's out there. Needs more consistency, needs to still make a contribution even on his bad days

A bit like smack?

Id mark him as KPP Depth.

For me he is a defender. Just don’t see it with him up forward.

Is a good backup defender to be brought in if someone goes down injured.

For me he is a defender. Just don't see it with him up forward.

The only times I’ve said ‘fark, he’s not bad’ was as an intercepting backman.

He is actually pretty good as a defender, and can often really rack them up from there and be pretty damaging. If we could combine the two of ambrose and brown, we would have another elite defender.

He is actually pretty good as a defender, and can often really rack them up from there and be pretty damaging. If we could combine the two of ambrose and brown, we would have another elite defender.

I don’t know. I think he makes a good spare defender. Not so sure his skills as a KP defender are all that great.

It makes me think that Hooker is pretty much a permanent forward now with the option to go back at times during a game. If one of Hurley, Hartley or Ambrose is out you would imagine Brown would be in defense rather than moving Hooker back there. At least until Francis is ready to run out a game and that even if he’s ear marked more as a forward.

The only times I’ve said ‘fark, he’s not bad’ was as an intercepting backman.

There will come a time this year, … when we will see Brown take Harts role in the backline, and he of the superboot released as a 3rd tall up front, … oh yes there will …

I’ll also predict it will work a charm, . and it will then become more frequent.

Ohhhh Yeah.

http://s27.postimg.org/rb7y8fnrl/boot.gif

Hartley will take his spot.

Whether Hartley or Brown are the third tall defender is dependent on how Hurley is used.

Ambrose,Hartley,Baguley
Gleeson,Hurley,Dea

Brown misses out.

Hartley has a super boot too.