Mitch Brown - The Accountant

I thought he’d be gone after the first quarter.

worked back into it like a man on a mission. Worst part in the 2nd half were a few errant kicks but that was under some pressure. super clean below the knees. Plays like this for the rest of the year and i’ll have eaten my words about him not seeming to want it enough.

2 Likes

Much better in the second half

3 Likes

Odd to see him being set up as the sweeper off half back but he got us a lot of metreage. I’d never noticed him being that good a kick.

I’ve realised that the great unwashed here will have him in the gun in every single changes thread every week just because he’s not a “sexy” player like Hurley (aggression, kicking), Hartley (spoiling) or Ambrose (aggression). He doesn’t have a standout weapon. But I really rate him.

Anyone potting him and giving Hurley a free pass on what we’ve seen so far is misguided.
He was not bad last week, and pretty decent this week.

1 Like

Smart player. Reads the play well, presents well, good with ground balls and a neat distributor,

Seems to be lumped in with Hartley, but a very different player. That’s why he’s in the team and Hartley isn’t. When we get the back half sorted out he’ll complement it well.

Forced myself to watch the replay this morning and he was actually ok. About a dozen blokes should be on the chopping block before him

1 Like

At the start of the season I had him down as unlikely to get another contract. Credit where its due he has been more than solid the last few weeks and I thought he was one of our better players today.

2 Likes

Still not much love for Brown in this forum, but I thought today was another solid (if unspectacular) performance. Seems to have moved past Hartley in the pecking order due to his ability to find the pill. Thoughts?

1 Like

Haha just beat me to it Sloots… in fact, I had to search for the Mitch Brown thread as it was buried far back.

Thought he was quite reasonable again today. Doing enough.

It was only a couple minutes into the game, still raining, when he ran off big Cox and I said aloud “he’s going to have a decent day”.

Did better than many. Filled Ambo’s shoes really, while he had a bit of a dirty day.

Heads the 1% ers with 9, to Ambo’s soitary single. hasn’t given any real reason to be shunted at all. Plenty of go in him.

18 disp, 7 contested to go with that, & 4 marks… just maybe could have stuck a few more tackles, ended with just the one, … but he was very close to racking up a few others, that seemed to just miss or slip away.

1 Like

Solid again, looked very determined today with a bit of newly-found urgency about him

2 Likes

Yep, mentioned earlier that I though he was more than serviceable. If he plays like that most weeks he ain’t going back to the VFL anytime soon

1 Like

I’m loving our tall depth.

1 Like

Versatile enough to switch with Hooker and can play on those 2nd and third tall types. Validating his place over Hartley for now.

Did we lose?

That was a post from 10 days ago, so… yes?

2 Likes