Welcome to Essendon Orazio FANTASIA

With the amount of skinny outside players we have recruited over the last couple of seasons Bomber must be pretty confident that inside games can be developed easier then the outside class.

No.....I think it's more that we have a number of "one paced" midfielders (Watson, Goddard, Stanton, Heppell, Myers, Hocking) that need to be complemented by genuine speed.

I, for one, think we are crying out for a young, genuine inside mid (think Cripps who the Blues just drafted) that will eventually take over from Watson.  Whether a Kavanagh is that type of player at AFL level remains to be seen.  Perhaps Heppell & Melksham will assume that role more and more.

RAZZA FANTAZZA

We have drafted players that are capable to develop early in their careers in peripheal roles on flanks and wings with spells through the midfield. As Watson, Goddard and Stanton start to decline in performance, watch for players like O'Brien, Browne, Ashby, Hams, Kavanagh take on more inside mid roles and provide a great balance in the future. We also just drafted Aylett who was considered in u18 as a very clean inside/outside mid, he will also be another option in our future midfield.  

Succession plan is in motion and i like the direction of our drafting in the previous 3 years. We now will be refining our KPP stocks starting with this years rookie draft and the next few drafts moving forward. 

highlight reel looks pretty sweet. And he may be small now but he looks to have a frame that shouldn't be too hard to bulk up. And he's taken Steele Sidebottoms crown or best name in the AFL.

You think Steele Sidebottom is a good name?

t's a great name.

t's a great name.

His name is on par with Fuifui Moimoi.

Dirk Diggler was already taken.

Is this the Son of James Fantasia, Adelaide recruiting guy or whatever he is?

Pretty excited by this selection actually. Just highlights and reading stuff on here but he looks to have quite a bit of potential as a small forward. Possesses strengths that you want in one that some of our past goal sneaks have lacked. Monfries lacked pace, Reimers (work ethic, endurance), Jetta (endurance, contested ball, ability to kick goals), Davey (endurance, clean skills), etc

Bomber mentioned his courage specifically, which sets him apart from Davey, Jetta and Reimers in one fell swoop

DINGUS

Appears to have done some hard time

Bomber mentioned his courage specifically, which sets him apart from Davey, Jetta and Reimers in one fell swoop

A scintilla of guts would be an improvement.

http://nameoftheyear.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/your-2010-name-of-year.html

Having said that, you can't go post some of the south east asian names. "Hung Phat" and "Phuc Dhat" come to mind

Not to get too highbrow, and it’s a folky thing anyway, but several decades ago Carl Sandburg penned a little verse called “Jazz Fantasia”. It’s a stretch but Orazio looks like a bit of an improviser, I’m barracking for “Jazz”. Thinking it’ll be more like “Mickey”. Win win.

#waitingforfreightdelivery

Not to get too highbrow, and it's a folky thing anyway, but several decades ago Carl Sandburg penned a little verse called "Jazz Fantasia". It's a stretch but Orazio looks like a bit of an improviser, I'm barracking for "Jazz". Thinking it'll be more like "Mickey". Win win.
#waitingforfreightdelivery

That is my all time fave piece of jazz. 

He also said that Fantasia wouldn't be getting a game in BASS's side if he didn't have a high defensive work rate, so that was another massive upside that the three above didn't have (froggy was off and on with defensive pressure)

He also said that Fantasia wouldn't be getting a game in BASS's side if he didn't have a high defensive work rate, so that was another massive upside that the three above didn't have (froggy was off and on with defensive pressure)

Interestingly Davey was equal 8th best tackler (average tackles per game) this past season for the team. Jetta was sixth. I realise tackling alone doesn't equate to defensive work rate.

He also said that Fantasia wouldn’t be getting a game in BASS’s side if he didn’t have a high defensive work rate, so that was another massive upside that the three above didn’t have (froggy was off and on with defensive pressure)

Interestingly Davey was equal 8th best tackler (average tackles per game) this past season for the team. Jetta was sixth. I realise tackling alone doesn’t equate to defensive work rate.

True, sometimes you can end up walking up to a tackle.

Interestingly Davey was equal 8th best tackler (average tackles per game) this past season for the team. Jetta was sixth. I realise tackling alone doesn't equate to defensive work rate.

True, sometimes you can end up walking up to a tackle.

Especially when you are always second to the fall of the ball......Bewick didn't tackle much because he knew how to crumb and it was the opposition trying to tackle him as he streamed towards goal or snapped so often.