Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

Like Ben mcneice…

Just listened to the interview and the phone call. I am a mature person. But I could not help tearing up in those videos. The emotion was palpable.

But I have just one question, couldn’t we have got him as a Rookie B player ? :slight_smile:

Nah because he played footy this year. Rookie B is for players who haven’t played for at least 3 seasons.

Has rules changed perhaps? Ben McNiece played reserves this year.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15250806_10154696539684356_6474730930502261510_o.jpg

Pretty lonely day for him at the Club for his first day given everybody else is on camp.

…still probably better than the welcome the Brisbane recruits got. WTF was that?

How did they get welcomed?

Got lead into a dark room and then squirted with water pistols by the other players. Was weird and awkward.

Video on HSun website.

At least they’ve improved since Robert Walls instructed the entire team to beat Shane Strempel to near death.

Not really. The room is dark and you just assume they are using water pistols. Apparently rather warm water though.

If you listen closely you can hear someone say “Who ate the asparagus?”.

Just listened to the interview and the phone call. I am a mature person. But I could not help tearing up in those videos. The emotion was palpable.

But I have just one question, couldn’t we have got him as a Rookie B player ? :slight_smile:

Nah because he played footy this year. Rookie B is for players who haven’t played for at least 3 seasons.

Has rules changed perhaps? Ben McNiece played reserves this year.

Not just the one qualifying clause. He got in on the “parent born in Asia” clause.

His unbounded enthusiasm and sheer delight at being picked up by the Bombers is a joy to behold. Makes me happy to hear and see him talking.

I am on the Draper train.

Super excited for him. Really looks like he could be a great player over time.

Is he the reason we dropped Gach after only one season? No point developing two long term ruck men and Dodoro sees more upside in Draper?

Is he the reason we dropped Gach after only one season? No point developing two long term ruck men and Dodoro sees more upside in Draper?

That’s a bit of a stretch

I was surprised, but reboot has hinted that Gach wasn’t always on time for training, and I notced that Jackets emphasized the point, “we just want you to commit to do the hard work, that’s all, then we are happy”.

I suppose you can’t have a project ruckman unless they are committed to the project.

T’would be awesome if he does a ‘Gawn’.

Looks skinny.

P.S. I reckon the Hangar is on the way from the airport to Cerberus.

Why are we hearing, seeing nothing about the Cerberus camp.

Black Ops

Black and red…

T’would be awesome if he does a ‘Gawn’.

■■■■■■ oath. You can see the way he moves that he is not a “giraffe on roller skates”. He looks like he is actually coordinated. As a centre back in soccer he will be well versed in holding a defensive line and have a defensive mindset. Not too many ruck man have that. Having only played eight months of footy he is obviously behind the rest of the players his age, but I don’t think it will take him long to catch up if he continues to work hard.

With his size, 203 cm and growing and 105kgs, he is an awesome starting point. He doesn’t look like the normal puppy fat covered young player either so he must have some good genes going on.

I can see him embarrassing quite a few established ruck man over his career if he can put it all together.

What a likeable kid. He seems so excited to be at the club.
Think we’ve got a beauty in Sammy.

Begley used to weigh as mutch as Draper does.

Just watching the “meet the draftees” videos on the club website. All draftees like to roll out the old “it’s surreal” line about joining an AFL team, but Draper’s the first guy I’ve seen who comes across like he legitimately can’t believe it’s real. It’s like drafting a giant puppy; I hope he makes it.

PIPES

Did someone photoshop those arms?

The knoll is slowly becoming grassier.

The knoll is slowly becoming grassier.

More of a shrubbery. Cue Monty Python quotes.

Did someone photoshop those arms?

I’m genuinely interested in what size this kid is going to be eventually if he makes it.