Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

You guys do realise Draper is a multi year project?

I don’t think anyone thinks otherwise, what’s that got to do with him spending a few more minutes in the ruck this week with no belly (like ants suggested)

6 Likes

Will be hanging in 2’s a while as he’s hardly ready made, but we could drop him in there for an extended run today.

Don’t expect he’ll get ruffled.

Exactly. Even for a long term project, they need experience. With Belly and the Smack he didn’t get much last week.

SMACK MAH FKN BELLY ■■■■■■!

1 Like

You’re on the Luey aren’t you?

1 Like

Was beaten to a pulp today by preuss. Will be a big learning experience for him. Hes just gotta keep at it

Was named in the bests.

1 Like

give me a break

Something NQR here.
What is it? Beaten to a pulp or one of the bests in the game.

Dan Jordan specifically mentions him: “Young Draper in the ruck against a really big opponent acquitted himself really well.”

I think it is all in the eyes of the beholder.

NM website says Preuss had 50 hitouts and they write “After being rested last week, Braydon Preuss dominated the ruck battle against his Essendon opponent. He didn’t have a huge impact around the field, with nine disposals, but pulled down a couple of strong marks and would have done his chances of a recall no harm.”

I for one think that Draper carried a big workload, and was competitive, only tapering off late in the quarters.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Draper was both beaten to a pulp and acquitted himself really well compared to expectations. And (probably because of the focus on development) VFL bests always seem to have a strong bent towards players who did what was asked of them rather than just who was the most influential on the game.

4 Likes

bump for those not reading the VFL reports. Draper had a very impressive ruck outing versus Geelong. Hitouts to advantage off-the-chart good.

Has played a bit in defence last couple weeks, done alright there. Hasn’t shown anything as a forward; as a relative newbie to the game, would seem he is better chasing forwards who do know where to go.

For more extensive ravings on the rucking, read from here (after McKernan went off injured):

4 Likes

So bring him in this week?? ffs essington ffs

If we’re out of finals contention and like 9-13 I’d love for us to pencil him in a game late in the year for experience. Give him a taste.

6 Likes

Can we modify the swear filter so that if someone types ‘Essington’, it’s changed to ‘you’re fkg banned, cobber, take a month off’

18 Likes

I hope TBC & Luey go down for a few weeks one with a LTI so we can throw Sam in the deep end and see how he goes.

■■■■, did I just say that out loud

2 Likes

We’d better hang onto this one.

2 Likes

He has a great blind turn.

Hitouts to advantage til the early awn’