Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

Another volleyball ruckman, i guess hille did alright. His highlights look good. Surprised crows or port didnt rookie him..

That would have been a neat trick, …

Crazyness really.

Plays footy for one season. Working at Toys’R’Us.

Bang! On an AFL list.

Has given hope to the sorts of people that typically work at toy stores that if they also are genetic freaks they might be less than 12 months away from an elite sports career.

Welcome to Essendon.
His kicking seems pretty solid.
Is it me, or does he have the most awkward handballing action? It just seems so unnatural.
His tap hitouts were surprisingly good as well. I think we have a good prospect here with something to work with.

Is don draper, is good

If you’re gonna take a risk with a project ruckman, getting one that is really farkin tall is a great place to start.

I don’t mind this one, best of luck to him.

Might be more excited by this than I should be. Kid is massive, still growing, has ridiculous ability from 8 moths of footy. On the bandwagon!

Looks too good to be true. Bring it on.

Basketball base means he’s already well coordinated, and is adept on both sides of his body, as well as already having instinctive evasiveness.

Every chance to prove an inspired choice.

Is Don, Is Good.

There must be a good ■■■■ Whitman joke somewhere in this.

Can’t wait to see our membership ads next year.

Seriously, if you were a 2 year old in Toys R Us and looked up to see a 203cm 105kg monster stacking Elmo on the shelf, you’d fair dinkum ■■■■■ yourself. It would be like a real life BFG

There goes the time they were hoping to save on shelf filling…

Don’t get the Don Draper references. But does the carpet match the Drapers?

Why do people keep mentioning volleyball and basketball when it said quite clearly that he played soccer?

Ahh yeaaahhh, … got me wires a bit crossed there.

Though his Mum was a pro basketballer, so, with that height, you’d think he would have had a bit of a crack at it along the way.

George Roper

Needs to work on his hand balling going to get called for dropping the ball A LOT. That said he is pretty fearless, I like this pick
If he was playing for wet coat he'd be compared to natanui with that action and he never gets pinged.
Why do people keep mentioning volleyball and basketball when it said quite clearly that he played soccer?

There are more than just one article around.

The lad started out playing just about every sport imaginable. Volleyball and Basketball were mentioned.

All in the media though… so accuracy unknown.

Basketball base means he's already well coordinated, and is adept on both sides of his body, as well as already having instinctive evasiveness.

Every chance to prove an inspired choice.

So a taller, 105kg Pendlebury. I like it.

Moves a bit like Daniel Bandy.

A project ruckman that’s not a 200cm bean pole is a good start.

He has a genuine build, ready for VFL football at the very least.