Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

Interview now on EFC website, cant wait to see how this guy develops.

yep i’m super excited to see how he develops, seems to have an awesome head on his shoulders.

Just moved up to the #2 spot on the Blitz sponsorship list.

Seems like a cracking lad

That might be the best thing I’ve heard all year.

If he can harness that excitement, put in the hard work and soak up the benefit of experience from T-Bell and Leuey, we might just have found ourselves something here.

What a terrific feel-good story. Best of luck to the young bloke.

Disco: Is that Big Sam?
Sam: Who dis new phone

The advantage of interviews with guys who haven’t had any media training.

You can hear in his interview that all his christmas’s have come at once, and you can’t help but hope that he makes it.
I mean obviously you hope that all our kids become stars, but seems like he has a great attitude and so I’m on board his bandwagon, and I’ve only ever seen his YouTube video and his BomberTV vid!

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15250806_10154696539684356_6474730930502261510_o.jpg

Pretty lonely day for him at the Club for his first day given everybody else is on camp.

…still probably better than the welcome the Brisbane recruits got. WTF was that?

How did they get welcomed?

Got lead into a dark room and then squirted with water pistols by the other players. Was weird and awkward.

Video on HSun website.

Barstardisation Queensland style. Oo ah.

Ringing kids to let them know we are going to pick them would be a sensational part of Disco’s job.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15250806_10154696539684356_6474730930502261510_o.jpg

Pretty lonely day for him at the Club for his first day given everybody else is on camp.

…still probably better than the welcome the Brisbane recruits got. WTF was that?

Got lead into a dark room and then squirted with water pistols by the other players. Was weird and awkward.

Video on HSun website.

Just found it.

“WELCOME TO HELL KARNTZ! DONT THINK ABOUT ASKING FOR A TRADE. GET IN LINE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE”

Video on HSun website.

At least they’ve improved since Robert Walls instructed the entire team to beat Shane Strempel to near death.

Just listened to the interview and the phone call. I am a mature person. But I could not help tearing up in those videos.
The emotion was palpable.

But I have just one question, couldn’t we have got him as a Rookie B player ? :slight_smile:

Video on HSun website.

Barstardisation Queensland style. Oo ah.

Yeah, not Freudian at all.
Filthy farks.

Ringing kids to let them know we are going to pick them would be a sensational part of Disco's job.

There was a moment where he asked if he was ok coming to Melbourne and no reply came back because the connection got distorted. You could almost see the WTF about to form on Jackets’ face.

Video on HSun website.

At least they’ve improved since Robert Walls instructed the entire team to beat Shane Strempel to near death.

Not really. The room is dark and you just assume they are using water pistols. Apparently rather warm water though.

Just listened to the interview and the phone call. I am a mature person. But I could not help tearing up in those videos. The emotion was palpable.

But I have just one question, couldn’t we have got him as a Rookie B player ? :slight_smile:

Not in our zone, The crows could have

Just listened to the interview and the phone call. I am a mature person. But I could not help tearing up in those videos. The emotion was palpable.

Nah because he played footy this year. Rookie B is for players who haven’t played for at least 3 seasons.