It’s got that Jonathon Giles feel.

3 Likes

Can imagine hawks picking Rioli back up under this rule

lol - exactly - WTF

Stats comparison doesn’t look too bad. Good pick up for a rookie spot

8 Likes

Everything but the most relevant stat for a ruck

10 Likes

In fairness, he played most of his matches as a pinch hitter for Sandi.

14 Likes

Are those complaining about this (and I’m not criticising) thinking that rookie spot could’ve been used better? Seems like a pretty big free hit, where’s the downside? Or was there a markedly better AFL ready ruck available? Bellcho will break, and will need a rest. Draper wants another year in 2’s. Smack is best forward with stints chopping out, isn’t tall enough to go with prime rucks. 3 clear picks in the ND, party time

23 Likes

Welcome Zac. Thanks for coming across to the otherside of the country to help us win a flag as a rookie.

But I hope that if Belly does get injured (touch wood) that Draper is given first shot over Clarke.

1 Like

And he did average as good as 40 hit outs in the wafl this year

3 Likes

This is a good, sensible solution to our potential ruck issues.

I never thought much of him as an actual ruckman at AFL level, but his ability to play the forward/ruck role could be handy, and certainly will be at VFL level.

8 Likes

Get us on for the VFL flag. We are good things with Clarke getting awarded best on.

3 Likes

Shiel improves the VFL team more than Clarke does

1 Like
1 Like

Welcome to the Bombers Zac. With a bit of luck and staying injury free you might end up playing finals and wearing a medal around your neck. Its a possibility.

Only one player on our list has had a better day in a GF.

3 Likes

To be fair, if he was playing forward that day Hawthorn didn’t give them much of a sniff.

1 Like

Smack isn’t a ruckmen…he can barely survive a ruck contest without giving away a free kick. Draper by club reports is growing fast but still a year away from truly being an impactful senior player…buying time with Clarke appointment I would say.

15 Likes

He will be much much better in the ■■■■ than Smack, certainly won’t give away as many free kicks.

Around the ground, he is softer than Smack.

Footy brain, probably both on par

1 Like

Mason Cox was a kick away from having a medal around his neck

7 Likes