#20 Zac “Zed Clackers” Clarke - you’re cut

Only if he does an ACL in the process of performing it I’d say, … otherwise, I think we’d be quite impressed with his Gymnastic abilities.

1 Like

I think the reason is that he is a low risk (as in we know what we’re getting), low cost option, who can play alongside Draper without hampering his development, while providing adequate experience ruck back up in the event of a Bellchambers injury.

7 Likes

The reason is there is literally no-one else with even remotely comparable experience available.

The more detailed reasoning is he’s cheap, has played 100+ games, is cheap, is physically developed, is cheap, has decent form, is cheap and is the only experienced ruck available. And he’s cheap.

13 Likes

Sensible choice
Can see him as a Nankervis type if TBC is out
Allows us not to rush Draper

1 Like

Good point.

1 Like

The funny thing is, he really is a top up.

This sounds like more than a bit of a cheap shot.

2 Likes

that is an impressive mark, we need more fwds who do this

Ah the cheap insurance policy.

The one that’s no good if you need to claim on it?

1 Like

So the biggest question is, which one will we call Nobby?

Looking forward to lots of Clarke2Clarke hitouts in VFL

3 Likes

Neither

3 Likes

Clarke is the best candidate for a number of reasons;

He’s a high quality state league ruckman who’ll improve our VFL performance as they push for a flag. He has quite a bit of finals experience now as well, capped off by a dominant WAFL GF.

He’ll be a handful up forward in the VFL so he won’t be stepping on Draper’s toes or getting in the way of his development

Having played at AFL level before he’ll provide solid back up for Bellchambers should he get injured.

Clarke’s age wouldn’t be too threatening to Sammy either, he’d know that there is no chance that Zach will be on the list in 18-24 months, when Sam would be ready to replace TBell.
Campbell, Fort and the others that were in the convo would still be thereabouts when Tommy hangs up the boots and so they may have given reason for Drape’s to consider elsewhere.

5 Likes

“Pup” Clarke and “Papa” Clarke?

Zig Zac.

Good one Rolf.

Good to see Vladimir Putin moonlighting as the WA Today Tonight anchor.

I’m sure if you changed your name to Joel Selwood it would change to “duck” pretty quickly.

1 Like

Any word on when this might get done? or does it just happen during the rookie draft?