West Taiwan (aka CHINA)

I would start bringing those plans forward say 6 months.

1 Like

48% of my staff are now off with Covid, all with symptoms none overly serious. Supply chains are now getting effected, this will get worse now as things will begin slowing down leading into Chinese New Year. Factories should now have been going flat out to before closing from CNY.

Someone needs to show the CCP the definition of Asymptomatic " If a person is asymptomatic, he or she also has the infection without symptoms but, unlike pre-symptomatic carriers, won’t develop them later"

But if you are going to get Covid best to get it in China because no one ever dies of covid…

8 Likes

1st case at my company was 12th December, now 59 people off work sick. NOT one of them will be counted as Covid positive, my wife has heard of multiple deaths of old and young people directly through friends.

1 Like

Wife was telling me that you cannot have a cremation in Nanjing in Jan as they are fully booked. Lucky no one is dying from Covid or they would be really ■■■■■■

2 Likes

Apparently like their limited public hospital system, China has limited funeral parlors - Some counties in the north with populations of 5 million have only three funeral parlors - As a comparison, Victoria has around 150, so its no surprise China is struggling.

But only 7 people have died from Covid in the past 3 weeks so why are they struggling

I took over the China contract for the institute I work for 6 months ago. 5 colleges with 2.5k students, delivering an Aussie qual in country.
Its a shambles, every time I open a file a skeleton falls out.
From what I can see, the wheels fell off the program once covid hit and we couldnt travel there.
Now they have opened up, China want me to send teachers to fix it, noone here wants to go.
It’s great.
I’m finding the China colleges difficult to deal with, to be honest.

2 Likes

The EU is to have a crisis meeting to determine whether coordinated measures should be in place for arrivals from China.
France, Spain and Italy require -ve tests, one also mandates vax. Belgium is testing wastewater from planes.

Good luck with this.

1 Like

China to likely start importing Australian coal again from April after a 2 year ban.

https://twitter.com/sstapczynski/status/1610517875185553410?s=46&t=ACTpi0Gz-6n5syGtxc3hAw

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Swiss firm sent control units for Taiwan’s anti ship missiles to China for repairs, likely undermining Taiwan’s defence secrets.

https://twitter.com/taiwannews886/status/1610548770114252808?s=46&t=2CA-0xBEQdoa3vexaQqPdg

Seems Korea and Japan have ■■■■■■ Winnie the ■■■■ off. My wife is trying to see what it was

According to a CNBC report, ROK and Japan have stricter visa and flight limits on travellers from mainland China - which sets them apart from other countries requiring
-ve tests.
Today, the Chinese Ambassador here suggested that Australia should regard Japan as its Pacific security threat, after its belligerence and treatment of Australian soldiers in WW2.
( Cough, Australia, Korea and China have all suffered from Japanese imperialism).

Erm it was only 15 minutes ago that if you got covid you got locked in your building

Or if a Covid case was 900m away, which happened to my wife and daughter

1 Like

Maybe someone should remind the ■■■■■ about what they have been doing restricting flights for the past 2+ ■■■■■■■ years

2 Likes

FWIW, Chinese claim is that it has not discriminated against any one country in that regard.
Meanwhile, so much being made to the boost to Thailand’s economy from unrestricted access for Chinese tourists. All those news items featuring Chinese arrivals in a country pleased to have them and happy Chinese tourists saying it’s their favoured destination!

2 Likes

Only because some dodgy dealings with the Thai government. They had just announced new entry requirements into Thailand where all tourists had to be vaxxed and show proof to enter and then a couple of days later miraculously they rescinded it just in time for the Chinese tourists to flock there.

2 Likes

One could only laugh at China’s absolute hypocrisy on so many issues if it didn’t mean so much misery for the billion or so people unlucky enough to be governed by them.

And then this today…

1 Like