What amuses you

By my calculation, you’re older than me!

Yowsers.

2 Likes

Bacchus must be expecting a Queens Telegram soon then, yeah?

I think it’s tragic when old people turn on each other like this.

No-one is older than you ! You saw our first premiership

Didn’t say I like her.

With John Coleman as coach…yes.

ill pay for the Devonshire tea mrs noonan.
don’t be so silly mrs fox ill pay
no, no, no, no. I insist…

No way I’m paying for that old commo’s Devonshire tea. The only clotting is in his brain.

Anyway, he would only drink tea bags, because according to him and Marx, proper tea is theft.

4 Likes

So you watched 1962, I watched 1965.

And I do not drink teabags, only Buddha’s Tears.

1 Like

LOL - watch the cart wheel

Just making sure the injury was genuine… “See? He wasn’t faking a broken foot!”

6 Likes

Bae makes it obvious that the writer is an utter ■■■■■■■.

That’s not what feminism is apart from a small selection of people. You’re hearing the patriarchy version of it.

We’ve all had this response, I know I did in my early 20s.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of the term ‘patriarchy.’
I don’t think it exists any more than I believe in ‘the gay industry’, which I’ve never been able to get a job in, which is totally discriminatory.

A loosely held collection of shared ideas of the few that in some cases have a lot more to do with class than gender is not, in my opinion, any sort of organised fraternity.

I don’t believe that every male is a potential rapist, and I don’t believe that a joke about feminism contributes to ‘rape culture.’

Having said that, I think feminism is…not just still relevant but essential.
I think we have a loooooong way to go yet.
I think women in this enlightened and progressive society are still seem as other, as less, as beta.
I think people like Gillard are seen as the exception that is begrudgingly accepted, and I think we’re a long way from seeing the gender of Gillard, or Plibersek or whoever as irrelevant.
In business, women are slowly pushing up. Very slowly.
Almost exclusively to one level from the top.

It’s a massive field, filled with shades of grey.
I don’t believe women tennis players should receive equal pay. If that makes me sexist in some people’s eyes, then so be it.
If they believe they’re entitled to equal pay and have equal appeal and entertainment value and draw, then they should feel free to break away from the Grand Slam and start their own tournament. See how that goes.

I’m not everyone’s idea of a feminist.
But I truly can’t understand the idea that things are equal between genders now and everything’s okay.

3 Likes

Good post.

I don’t have much to add, other than to acknowledge that while there are certainly blokes who have still failed to wrap their head around many of the concepts of gender equality, the harshest judgements I have seen of those stepping out of normal “gender roles” have come from females.

1 Like

It’s an issue.
It’s not the biggest issue, but by golly a lot of women do not help themselves with that crap.

Oh, you want a ‘real man?’
Go ■■■■ yourself.

Edit: Is ‘real woman’ even a thing anymore?

Edit: edit: And that’s quite enough from me in the ‘what amuses you’ thread.

People tripping over on a level surface.

“Careful, mate? That floor is deceptively flat”

5 Likes

This one?

3 Likes