What amuses you

dental floss or the other floss?

2 Likes

Yanks in particular…even if they can’t spell.

I’m gonna take a guess, and say - cheques need to remain for some technicality (like cash) about non-electronic money transfers, and therefore so do the accounts linked to them.

Trust a baker to beat me to it!

1 Like

and because some companies are stupid. RACV insisted on issuing us a refund cheque and said they couldn’t credit our account or do an EFT. Idiots issued cheque in both me and the mrs names, we don’t have a joint account so couldn’t bank the cheque. So we contact RACV and they credit our account :confused:

6 Likes

They’re the ones with the dough.

2 Likes

And a rye outlook on life.

Some poor fella tried sending an email to a specific person but instead cc-ed in the entire academic faculty last night. And my word, the email chain has devolved into something blitz worthy.

Memes, arguments, insults - all in there. It’s fkn hilarious.

Update: People are taking different reply options, so starting new email chains. This thing is fkn growing exponentially.

1 Like

Had one of these at my work many years ago where two staff at one of the offices in a rocky romantic situation had developed an extremely long message chain covering a multitude of saucy topics, but accidently forwarded it to everyone in the state. Entertained many.

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Haha! I remember something worse than that happening back in the day.
Someone had written to a friend who was organizing an international conference, saying that he wouldn’t be able to go because he had to look for a new position.
My friend wrote back, saying “Tony BXXXX [the Director of the Institute concerned] was a complete farkwit for not supporting you”.

But he spelled "farkwit’ the correct way and cc’ed the whole list of thousands of scientists worldwide.

Tony B* ended as Director soon after that.

2 Likes

I was seconded into a top 10 in the world multinational. Got back from a public holiday to find 700 unread emails.

Someone accidentally emailed the globe. The globe responded. Memes. Emails demanding people stop replying. Emails demanding people stop demanding people stop as it caused more emails. About 100x “Ok”

It was glorious.

1 Like

Ha! They’ve just put in writing what is left for conversation at a conference dinner (note: dinner is always a strange term for them, they are never anything more than a ■■■■-up).

The usual peanuts at my work would always ‘reply all’ - “ please remove me from this email chain and distribution list. I am not supposed to get this email” (or something similar)

So then you’d get everyone else that had 3 brain cells doing the same.

1 Like

We had a guy at work hit a Reply All on Lotus Notes when replying to his annual appraisal. There were quite a few replies suggesting he improve his Lotus Notes skills. I spent many an hour editing his Word documents - he hit the space bar rather than Tab to space out stuff in documents. I spent quite a few Sunday afternoons at the office fixing his Y2K-preparedness document.

And the prick had an MBA, which in many cases, I regard as toilet paper.

2 Likes

never not funny to reply like this

“noted, thanks”

2 Likes

You’ve heard of Elf On The Shelf …

1 Like

Was thinking tonight pre internet Football talk was always Pub bar related at the local or the workplace.

Now it’s just a ■■■■ show free for all, I nearly feel exhausted before the season begins, where once I would be just buying the HS to find a snippet of Essendon news, funny that was before 2000 hmmmm

1 Like

I just found out that a girl I used to know quite well at school is now married to Kayne West. Farking crazy.

1 Like

I reverse-searched that image (because I do these kind of things) and found no trace of it anywhere.
Which to me, can only mean one thing - I wish you well in recovery.

Edit:
Ok - Masturbating with Christmas ornaments: X-rays expose ‘stupid’ sex trend | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

1 Like