What annoys you? Extra time

On the way.

I still cannot send emails.

PM what you want to say and I’ll get someone to send it on…

I’m sure I could find a sucker to do it, I share a space with Intl Div.

Thanks for the offer. This time it’s not our agency that is the issue. I’ve got a loaner laptop etc but the technician said it’s ■■■■■■. I said I know, your job is to unfuck it.

1 Like

Miracle it isn’t us… good luck

1 Like

News reporters: “Melbourne Airport has gone on a recruitment blitz hiring over 4000 employees”…

What they don’t promote: mostly international arrivals who are probably cheaper labour.

1 Like

Australian main stream media is on par with our coast to coast and red time goals disgust.

1 Like

If it’s a work email, it could be blocked as a security issue - sometimes, only permitted on approved devices.

They had about 40 positions in management about a month or so back but no idea how many of them have been filled. Would be a stack still needed in retail there going by some signs in the windows recently.

Subject confusion (again). Samantha Donovan on PM last night intro’d a piece on Daisy Pearce with: “A standout player and respected commentator, the game’s followers say the 34 year old…”

This is like saying: “An eminent barrister and human rights advocate, Mick Gatto described Julian Burnside as…”

1 Like
1 Like

Went to a beach down at Mornington. Yes it was quietish at the start of the day, but a family decided to unload their jet skis right between a group playing in the high tide and ride around near swimmers.

Cops appeared and moved them on.

I have no idea why jetskis are allowed anywhere near the vicinity of a beach/ lake. There should be designated jetski areas. The only people who own jetskis are absolute flog anyway

3 Likes

Jet skis are a handy piece of equipment. It gives a very quick answer to the query, “is this person a ■■■■■■?”

bank notification: please call us urgently

recorded message: expected wait time is 30 to 40 minutes

get fked

1 Like

On a lot of beaches they’re not allowed, or restricted to 10 km/h anywhere near shore.

Basically the same rules as other boats, but a different type of person own them. You don’t do sick skids brah in a 40 foot yacht.

Cops don’t enforce it as much as they should.

Jet skis should stay a reasonable distance from the beach. I’m thinking five nautical miles.

1 Like

Preferably inland.

2 Likes

Blockquote

I am pretty sure it’s It’s 5 Kn (about 8 km/hr) up to 50 m from any (inland) shore or any person or vessel. But it’s 200 m from the shore of any enclosed (bay) or coastal water or within 100 m of a dive boat/buoy).

1 Like

Jet skis are actually a bit of fun.

But, grow some balls, and get out in the ocean. Doing circles in the bay is pretty pathetic. Just like the big stupid 4x4 you drove there in with all the OTT survival and recovery gear strapped to roof and sides.