What Annoys You More

West Coast have some utter human dregs for fans, don’t let their tidy appearance fool you. Quite a few normal ones but my theory is that they’re used to having it all their own way in Perth even against their local rivals who have had a pretty mediocre existence. They come over here and aren’t used to having it dished up to them, banter or the retorts. I feel it brings out the worst in many of them. Over here you get used to dealing with slumming it with nearly a dozen other clubs week in, week out. When your local newspaper tells you how amazing your club is it’ll probably get to your head if you’re the more avid breed of fan.

2 Likes

I reckon Port are like that.

Their fans often bang on about the 36 flags they won in the SANFL. ‘We are the most successful club’ BS. No one cares about the SANFL.

Koch - who I can’t stand - had to come out last year and condemn the violence that flared up at the Adelaide Oval after they narrowly lost to the Cats. A group of their feral fans lost it. Oh, I just remembered that another fight broke out when we eliminated them from playing finals last year. Very sore losers.

And remember how they were trying to break the decibel record years ago? Nuff-nuffs.

An Adelaide Crows acquaintance of mine reckons everyone who doesn’t follow them in SA can’t stand them. Said that non Port-supporting South Australians happily cheer for Vic & other interstate sides to beat them. The racial taunting of Betts keeps that disdain alive.

Anyway, it is all based on perception & experience. I haven’t lived in Melbourne for a long time, so can’t really comment on current supporters. When I lived in Melbourne, Port fans, along with Richmond, were the worst.

We were once set upon by a bunch of drunk Whorethorn supporters at Waverley after a game, for no more than wearing the wrong colours.
Be that as it may, by far the most hostile, rabid, inciteful, spiteful behaviour I’ve witnessed is from Fark Carlton supporters after that fateful day in 99. Spotfires everywhere - don’t know how there wasn’t a riot.

It’s burnt into my brain, never to be forgotten.

You haven’t seen smug until you sit among a WCE home crowd when they’re five goals up. The media in Perth drives the entitlement mentality to new lows. Check out today’s PerthNow website. Dockers won well with an outstanding effort from Walters. Nah, we’ll lead the whole site with a puff piece about how our Eagles boys are enjoying their week off. Vomit inducing.

1 Like

I made my number one rule for going to the footy years ago (after a bad experience), NEVER EVER, EVER go with a friend/mate who support the opposition. (ruins the game and changes the friendship).

I passed this on to my son, who always knows better. Off he goes to the footy with an opposition supporting mate. (Hawk’s supporter)

He was miserable when he got home and the one and only time he has told me ‘you where right mum’. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Can’t imagine the Hawk’s fans would of been polite at our mistakes, must lack awareness or it was her first game of footy. :grinning:

1 Like

Forgetting to turn on the electric blanket.

have to wait now

I used to have one on a double bed that had a left and right element. Was easier to just leave one side on, then it didn’t matter if it was warm or cold, summer or winter, bed was always perfect!!!

did your mum turn it on for you?
Electric blankets great way to set your bed on fire.

5 Likes

I have a very large Maine ■■■■ that warms up my spot for me every night, then politely moves to the foot of the bed or by my side when I get in. Very considerate hot water bottle, he is.

FFS!!!

‘Coone’

2 Likes

I think we have more NQR’s than thugs as such.

1 Like

Did you win?

I can just imagine some of those Docklands security guards telling the Broady Boys under the scoreboard at WH to tone down.

They might have found the bodies when they levelled the terraces, but they’d have to be good at jigsaw puzzles to reassemble the bodies.

Yes. I fight dirty.

1 Like

■■■■ umpiring

ISPs that say ‘gigs’

your cat can teach this dog a thing or two about bed manners

hahaha…how sweet!
The cot isn’t big enough for him …and he just wants warmth. Mine tend to do that also. I end up getting cramps from not being able to move around, but whattya gonna do.

People who write “he’s” when what they mean is “his”.

“he’s” means “he is”. “his” mean’s “belonging to him”.

Drives me crazy wondering if they pronounce it that way too?

HIS.

■■■■■.

6 Likes

i have resisted against posting the most obvious of replies to this post.

2 Likes