What annoys you?

Was definitely the case at the time but not sure now. Haven’t been to Paris in just under 10 years.
I bought a car in France and I avoided that roundabout for ages and finally I decided to give it a crack and it was one of the scariest things I’ve done. I ride scooters in Bali and Thailand all the time and it’s far easier than negotiating that roundabout

1 Like

You ask for Robitussin, so your partner buys you Benadryl. :rage:

I once had a number of goes at this online dating thing. Pretty good a lot of the time. Horrendous some of the time. One profile that was floating around on the site for a long time was of a young woman. Kind of attractive pictures if you could get past the weird haircut and many tatts. The description of what she considered a fun night was the kicker though. From memory it went something very like “In the back of me ute, with me dog, under the stars with a box of Bundy and coke.” Probably not as much punctuation.

This is some glorious stuff right here.

I wish I had your job for a day.

‘Pretty soon you will want me to be head honcho’ all time greatest.

I did have a situation where I created additional responsibilities for one of my team to develop within their role.

When I interviewed them for a different role 6 months later they talked me through the process of how THEY were the one that came up with the idea and implemented it. Dafuq

2 Likes

Nearly all of these came from elsewhere. Very enjoyable though.

That’s brilliant. Did you call them out during the interview or just let them hang themselves?

Objective: “I am anxious to use my exiting skills.”

Job duties: “Filing, billing, printing and coping.”

Reason for leaving: “Terminated after saying, ‘It would be a blessing to be fired.’”

Qualifications: “I have extensive experience with foreign accents.”

“I am fully aware of the king of attention this position requires.”

Accomplishments: “My contributions on product launches were based on dreams that I had.”

Education: “I have a bachelorette degree in computers.”

3 Likes

Some of these folks would have to get points for honesty surely??

Whether that would outweigh the drawback of stupidity though …??

You’d have to view them as potential red flags. If they turn out to be as strange and unsuitable as their applications you’d be bashing your head on your desk.

3/4 pants. They’re not shorts, they’re not trousers.

2 Likes

Cricket is similar as well, some of the English grounds are not even ovals, some of the Kiwi & Saffer grounds are teeny tiny

So you’re saying… my outrage is unjustified.
I’m outraged.

FAKE OUTRAGE!!!

Pete Evans (the chef).

4 Likes

An extension of this is rolling pants up and then no socks. So wankish

2 Likes

By extension, restaurants that are amazing when you first go, then the next time no where near as good.

Better than Peter Russel Clarke…

3 Likes

Try watching NRL footy show before the proper footy show because we live in Queensland
The NFL footy show sucks turds!

I can watch that footage over and over again.

…and do you think they show the AFL footy show straight after…no they feed us top 10 bulldust crappiest crap movies for another hour. How do you drag out 10, 30 second movies clips over an hour long show…QLD tv does it every Thursday.
Faaarrrkkked!