What annoys you?

Commonwealth with record $10 billion profit this year…

“At the Commonwealth, … we’re all about you

2 Likes

The pavlova photo has the same old pedo that grabs the drumsticks from “nans chicken roast” while commeti commentates.

1 Like

You know what the worst ones are though - I’m sure you’ll agree.
How the AFL has gotten away with their Foxtel shows sponsored by that pos company ultra tune and their atrocious commercials, I don’t know. They should be flooded with objections. It really beggars belief.

2 Likes

Yep - that’s what they tell the shareholders, I’m sure.

1 Like

I know! Add it to the list dude.

When your 5yo sees a NAB sign from the car and says “more than money” then you can be extra annoyed like me

1 Like

MRP inconsistancy.

1 Like

So on the back of some “Thats the best it’s been in years” comments after last weeks re launch, I tuned in to TFS for the first 30 mins.

So far it’s been players GF’s, … engagements,. wives, honeymoons, mothers, big middle fingers and how dirty & hilarious that all is, and about 10 mins all about new C/wood player, & the upcoming New C./wood Geelong “Brain” game, (an oxymoron if there ever was one when it comes to those 2 teams) .

It took just one week with FatHeddie in charge for it to become the Pies show again.

*Click!!

Never again.

Edit: I forgot the 5 minutes of watching footballers watching last weeks Footy Show, … riveting stuff that!!

1 Like

Senator Malcolm Roberts and his anti-intellectual bullshit, if you voted for One Nation I sincerely think you should give yourself an uppercut!

1 Like

I’ve been sitting on this for a couple of weeks, because I’m not sure of the response I’m going to get, but here goes…

Some of you may know - I have two daughters - 8 years old, and 5 years old. In the last 8 years, 7 months, and 3 days - I have not sworn once in front of my children. Not even a bugger, bluddy, or barstad.

And then I take them to their first game of footy a few weeks ago (vs North Melbourne) and somewhere during the second(?) quarter umpiring debacle the peanut (Essendon supporter) behind me decides that from the very top row of the second level of Etihad stadium, that the umpires need to hear some criticism laced with the loudest and finest F and C-bombs he can muster.

I’ve held my tongue for over 8 and a half years, this peanut couldn’t last an hour with kids literally in the seat right in front of him.

2 things:

1. I understand sport is emotional. But, paying for your ticket does not give you the right to scream obscenities repeatedly. You are still in a public space, surrounded by humans. Act like one.

2. The anti-social behaviour reporting number needs to be visible all match long. Not just flashed up once or twice a quarter or during the half time break. I don’t know if this is an Essendon thing or an Etihad thing - but it would be good to have that number more readily accessible.

4 Likes

I think at the MCG the anti-social number is permanently up near the scoreboard. Might be wrong. Either way, I agree, it should be permanently displayed at all venues.

Agree 100% mate.

Sounds like you’re doing a lovely job of bringing up your daughters.

Speaking from experience, an important and difficult part of parenting is teaching your kids that they will experience things outside the home (and your control) that go against the values they have been taught. It’s not an easy conversation to have with ones so young but it’s really important, and becomes more so as they grow older and become more independent.

I do understand your frustration though, that kind of behavior at the footy is not acceptable.

1 Like

Thanks Darli. It’s hard work, but worth it when people say nice things!

Definitely - I tend to think most major conflict usually comes from somebody or some entity trying to push their values on somebody/something else. I think if we can teach kids respect and tolerance for other people’s values, without compromising their own, then we’ll go a long way to raising good people.

1 Like

I find Trent Cotchin pretty annoying.

2 Likes

So I bought a used triumph from a monopolistic qld motorcycle dealer who will remain unnamed for now. Test rode bike with pillion pegs, signed a contract including dual seat ctp, paid for it in full, no finance. Bike was delivered to one of their dealers closer to home a few days later, picked up bike today, took it home then noticed no pillion pegs. Checked delivery contract - single seat ctp (they changed the contract after I paid in full and didn’t mention it at all). Fortunately I took a photo of it after I test rode it, yes, definitely had pegs. Fkn can’t believe these carnts and what they will pull to make an extra 100 bucks on a 6.5k sale.
Actually, I will name them: Team fkg ■■■■ (not the first time I’ve had issues with them either).

1 Like

You’re half right, has been ruled relatively recently that F is A OK

NB the F word is spelled out in this article repeatedly. What the judge said can be a bit ■■■■■■■ confronting.

If only there was some way of retaining phone numbers!!

2 Likes

People on forums using ‘loose’ as the opposite of win.
You could say they’re being fast and loose with the world ‘lose’.

1 Like

Well yeah, but y’know…

It’s like…

When you have that person at work who’s always around when there’s nothing to be done, but the minute you need them, they’re nowhere to be found.

Sort of.