What annoys you?

Huh.

■■■■■ ■■■■■■.

Hipster Bowie fetishism.

Like a lot of musicians he made some very good music, he occasionally made some awful music too. Seemed like an affable, private bloke in interviews, was creepy as ■■■■ in a b-grade film but I’ll never understand it beyond that. Then there’s Talking Heads…

2 Likes

… who were objectively fantastic…

DayHab

Heard the ad for this farkin joint just then. On the radio. I think this is the worst radio ad I’ve ever heard. Everything about it. The thumping background noise. The frantic female voice. The script - ■■■ the script!

[sic]
“Hello DayHab? Help me please! My son - he’s on ICE. He’s acting crazy…yes… he says that he’s ready to be helped…yes… we’ll bring him straight in…”

fmd

1 Like

That’ll be $1000 dollars a day thanks.

He’ll have to stay for 4 weeks minimum for us to help, … more likely 6 - 8.

We’ll just need your Credit Card number …

2 Likes

I had a relative who recently (last 12 months) required the help of a rehabilitation service. He insisted that as he had blown every dollar he had and had sold every asset he owned that we (his family) put up the cost. We decided to fund his attendance at a modest but reasonably successful local service that was subsidised somewhat by the state but still had an out of pocket component. He said he had done some research of his own between getting bent and had decided he wanted to attend a facility that is based in Qld that charges $70,000+ for a 6x week stint. We did the sums and worked out that it was cheaper for him to remain hooked on meth.

10 Likes

Was she Sarah?

What ended up happening diggers?

We said we’ll pay for the local facility or he can p*ss off. He wasn’t happy and he carried on but he eventually conceded. To his credit he embraced the process and is now (to the best of my knowledge) clean. Speaking to him now that the dust has settled, what is interesting is that he was mentally prepared to stop using when he came to us. That’s the key I believe. The user has to want to stop. So far so good but looking back, there are some rogue for-profit operators in this field who are making a very good clip.

4 Likes

Just as there are in any area that the state has privatised instead of taking responsibility as they should.

2 Likes

Double standards in this forum.
Players get called all kinds of ■■■■, ours included. Libeled and labeled, and no-one gives a fark.
I make up a silly little ‘heil Langford’ pic that even the squarest of squares would see as a bit of fun, and it gets deleted. EAD.

1 Like

I’ve never been to the Langford thread. Does he look like A Hitler?

He did in that pic…kinda.

Like many things: blame the insurance “industry”

1 Like

Extra chewing gum - or more specifically the way the whole packet lasts about a day once you’ve opened it before it congeals and sticks to the paper wrapper. Get about two pieces for the full price - and what’s more I’m sure it is intentional.

Which one you buying? Mine usually lasts a week just in the console of the car before going to ■■■■. The one with the strips of crunchy mint is pretty decent.

selling second hand goods on Facebook Buy swap sell. Fair dinkum people, if you say you want something then change your mind let me know. And turn up when you say you’re going to turn up.

I cannot understand the mindset of people who are happy to completely screw around with people through unreliability. You should be embarrassed.

3 Likes

Was cleaning out the pantry a bit today and went to move a pack of 24 cans of soft drink. Picked it up and it was as light as can be. They were empty! Sealed top and bottom. No liquid to be found anywhere. No spills, no stickyness nothing. Wasn’t one or two cans was every single one of them!

I can’t figure out what happened or where it all went!

It was Keyser Soze

1 Like